THESE ARE TRADITIONAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL DAYS!!!!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

THESE ARE TRADITIONAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL DAYS!!!!!

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:22 am

………so says College Football.

And the NFL says, “Uh…….. ‘Wanna bet???”

https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/21/c ... scheduling

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: THESE ARE TRADITIONAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL DAYS!!!!!

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:06 pm

The NFL better watch who they want to compete against. The 32 top CFB teams out draw the crap out of the NFL. Do they really want to try and go against the CFB big boys? They may find out some stuff they don't want to find out.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:55 pm

I am hopeful someone reminds these guys that……

When elephants fight the grass gets trampled. African Proverb

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:36 am

Spence wrote:The NFL better watch who they want to compete against. The 32 top CFB teams out draw the crap out of the NFL. Do they really want to try and go against the CFB big boys? They may find out some stuff they don't want to find out.

I agree. And I haven't watched an NFL game in years. Don't care. Hope the whole league implodes one day.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:38 pm

Spence wrote:The NFL better watch who they want to compete against. The 32 top CFB teams out draw the crap out of the NFL. Do they really want to try and go against the CFB big boys? They may find out some stuff they don't want to find out.

Which is something I long held to be true ...

People who argue that the ratings of nfl games is far greater than College games, have a tendency to forget a few things.

a.) There are only 32 nfl teams = 16 games (+) league TV contracts (➗) by time slot (-) games played Not On Sunday

b.) There are 131 FBS teams, many play lower Div opponents = ^65 games (-) pre-weekend games

c.) The basic attendance at the top 32 FBS programs, is often times greater than 2 [sometimes 3] nfl games, weekly.

The nfl has all of their games contracted to play on network television. Whereas the NCAA Conferences vie for time slots, and have to allocate the best potential match ups. Leaving secondary and tertiary solutions to find game viewing opportunities for fan bases.

Baseball is on a major decline. So if the two Football giants go head to head for ratings, the nfl will be left gobsmacked.

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:50 pm

Derek wrote:

I agree. And I haven't watched an NFL game in years. Don't care. Hope the whole league implodes one day.

I'm no longer a fan, either ...

Haven't been in some 28 years.

I won't hope the league implodes, because that would put College Football as the league.

They would rewrite the rules so that kids could take 12 year scholarship Doctoral programs, where players would graduate with a PhD's in Refuse Collection and Washroom Management.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:47 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Derek wrote:

I'm no longer a fan, either ...

Haven't been in some 28 years.

I won't hope the league implodes, because that would put College Football as the league.

They would rewrite the rules so that kids could take 12 year scholarship Doctoral programs, where players would graduate with a PhD's in Refuse Collection and Washroom Management.

Good point! :lol: :lol:

We could hope that another league like the USFL would rise up again. Def not the XFL. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”