Just in case anyone is concerned about me after the Mountaineers loss today

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Just in case anyone is concerned about me after the Mountaineers loss today

Postby Mountainman » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:10 pm

………. Don’t be concerned, I will not harm you, I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love.

It’s been 43 years since WVU has opened a season 0 and 2.

Question: What TWO things do West Virginia University and The University of Notre Dame have in common??? :roll:

:cry: :oops: :cry: :oops:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Just in case anyone is concerned about me after the Mountaineers loss today

Postby Derek » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:31 am

Mountainman wrote:………. Don’t be concerned, I will not harm you, I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love.

Question: What TWO things do West Virginia University and The University of Notre Dame have in common??? :roll:

They both have yellow in their colors?? 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:34 am

Derek wrote:
Mountainman wrote:………. Don’t be concerned, I will not harm you, I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love.

:cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: .

You know; irregardless that some would argue Gold is not actually Yellow ...

Derek, you are in fact correct. The traditional School Colors for notre dame are Yellow and Royal Blue. Not Gold and Navy, or Green.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:48 am

Right now, it still holds, doesn't it ..?

Neither Head Coach would know what a clue was, if it were florescent blue, in a dark room, while they were holding a magnifying glass and getting some of it on the back of their hand.

They're both 1-2

Though, I would venture to say that Mountaineers fans are not feeling like they have a real win yet.

In your case, at least there was no doubt.

The Domers almost lost that one to Cal. And similarly, them Leprechaun fans are probably less happy with their win, than they are relieved they didn't drop another one.

This upcoming week, the Irish will be facing North Carolina. If ND can't score through the air against these guys, then their offense is officially a bystander. The gold caps defense is pretty stout. [now Al Golden wants to do something right] But that UNC passing game will test them.

It's in Chapel Hill, and I don't see Freeman taking home a W.

For the `Eers ...

It's Black Diamond Week!

Thursday Night in Blacksburg.

If this were a Saturday game, it would have made the Predictions list. And I would not have the slightest idea of who to take.

Va Tech is every bit as bad as West Virginia seems to be. And although it will be a ruckus environment; the pressure to win under these circumstances may be heavier on the Home Team's coach.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:27 pm

Just go poor yourself a nice stiff glass of Spruce mountain kool-aid and kick back. Things gotta get better going forward.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:55 pm

Spence wrote:Just go poor yourself a nice stiff glass of Spruce mountain kool-aid and kick back. Things gotta get better going forward.

I’m telling you that during the Kansas game the Mountaineer defense was absolutely lost….. couldn’t get lined up, didn’t know if they were in man or zone coverage, and when Kansas ran an option it was utter chaos……. :roll:

…………….. and I’ll assure you of this, if the poor decision making by Neil Brown at critical points in the game continues, and the kicking game and defense do not play much, much better the Mountaineers cold lose every BigXII Game they play this season. I kid you not..

Last edited by Mountainman on Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:04 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:

Right now, it still holds, doesn't it ..?

Neither Head Coach would know what a clue was, if it were florescent blue, in a dark room, while they were holding a magnifying glass and getting some of it on the back of their hand.

They're both 1-2

Though, I would venture to say that Mountaineers fans are not feeling like they have a real win yet.

In your case, at least there was no doubt.

The Domers almost lost that one to Cal. And similarly, them Leprechaun fans are probably less happy with their win, than they are relieved they didn't drop another one.

This upcoming week, the Irish will be facing North Carolina. If ND can't score through the air against these guys, then their offense is officially a bystander. The gold caps defense is pretty stout. [now Al Golden wants to do something right] But that UNC passing game will test them.

It's in Chapel Hill, and I don't see Freeman taking home a W.

For the `Eers ...

It's Black Diamond Week!

Thursday Night in Blacksburg.

If this were a Saturday game, it would have made the Predictions list. And I would not have the slightest idea of who to take.

Va Tech is every bit as bad as West Virginia seems to be. And although it will be a ruckus environment; the pressure to win under these circumstances may be heavier on the Home Team's coach.

You’re right, the ‘WIN’ was more of a relief than a victory……. The Hokies are sputtering around too, and Blacksburg is a tough place to play, neither team has shown much, although JT Daniels is the real deal and the Hokie defense is usually pretty darn good. I say it’s a Pick-EM Game. :?

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:10 pm

Derek wrote:

The Mountaineer Colors are actually Old Gold and Blue, not a Navy Blue, but a shade or so lighter. I have no idea we’re the Bananna Color came from…. :roll:

……… and the two things I was thinking the Mountaineers and Irish had in common was they were both 0-2 and both Head Coach’s seats are starting to warm-up. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:10 am

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:Just go poor yourself a nice stiff glass of Spruce mountain kool-aid and kick back. Things gotta get better going forward.

I’m telling you that during the Kansas game the Mountaineer defense was absolutely lost….. couldn’t get lined up, didn’t know if they were in man or zone coverage, and when Kansas ran an option it was utter chaos……. :roll:

…………….. and I’ll assure you of this, if the poor decision making by Neil Brown at critical points in the game continues, and the kicking game and defense do not play much, much better the Mountaineers cold lose every BigXII Game they play this season. I kid you not..

The Ohio State defense was like that last year. The front 7 look better this year. The back 4 still is an issue.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”