Miami Today ... Not a Week Ago

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Miami Today ... Not a Week Ago

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:54 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------

And this is the reason why I had no praise for Miami beating down on a collegiate middle school team ...

Seriously, the excitement that was generated by that win was unjustified. Many of the Rational `Canes fans wanted to sit back and wait.

Some were alarmist, and said there were too many mistakes.

I looked at what was accomplished, and said, the Wide Receivers constantly dropping the ball seems to finally have been remedied. It was a big concern in camp. But, we still learned nothing from Bethune-Coockman.

Today, we look as about prolific as we did last season. There either was a buy in by the players or we just punched down on a lowly little déclassé of a team. However, I hope if it was a bought product from the roster, what they purchased wasn't mere media Hype.

Everyone keeps questioning whether or not Miami will be ready for Texas A&M in week 3.

Right now, that answer is no.

We can barely hang with Southern Miss for a half. And we're at home.

Unless we shape up, and have just one of those everything right days, next weekend; this team will get Mule Dreg in College Station.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Miami Today ... Not a Week Ago

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:49 pm

Ohio State's win over the domers doesn't carry much weight now.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:11 pm

Spence wrote:Ohio State's win over the domers doesn't carry much weight now.

Marshall played a fantastic game.

But, this was supposed to be the type of team ND should have fixed any of the issues they had in week one.

I'm not so sure the problems are fixable.

The Herd Trampled Victory Tunnel, and the South Bend atmosphere is shaking their heads.

Hilarious ... to me, anyway.

Texas Tech just beat Houston 33-30 in Double Overtime.

This whole day has been wonky. What happens next will be interesting.

Keep an eye on that Nebraska/Georgia Southern game

Ga Southern is currently up 14-7

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:04 am

I told a buddy of mine that if Ohio State can run the table they will still go to the playoffs. If they don't it won't matter, but at the end of the day it is ok with me that Notre Dame lost. I feel bad for Marcus Freeman though. I think he will be a good coach.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:46 am

Spence wrote:I told a buddy of mine that if Ohio State can run the table they will still go to the playoffs. If they don't it won't matter, but at the end of the day it is ok with me that Notre Dame lost. I feel bad for Marcus Freeman though. I think he will be a good coach.

For Marcus' sake, I hope he can turn it around, quickly.

My feelings are by no means hurt seeing Nebraska lose. But, I was wishing better for Scott Frost.

They did wind up losing to Georgia Southern.

Frost's contract buyout decreases come October 1rst. He will likely be unemployed on October 2cnd.

I'd hate to see it happen to Freeman. But this was one of the best recruiting cycles ND had over the last couple of years. So it's not lack of talent.

I don't know if it's scheme, or mere lack of execution [as Freeman said in his post game interview].

If it is an execution problem, then the Coaching Staff needs to find a better way to translate what they want from the players, during the game.

If it's schematic issues, then they need to adjust, and figure out what isn't working. Start phasing those things out of the playbook, while drawing up New X' & O's the players can execute, in a Live atmosphere.

Now, I just hope Miami plays the game of their lives; making A&M regret their fixed income to Jimbo.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:23 pm

I agree. It might be a tad early for Marcus to have that job. I think he will turn it around if he has a chance. Not sure he will get the chance.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:47 am

Spence wrote:I agree. It might be a tad early for Marcus to have that job. I think he will turn it around if he has a chance. Not sure he will get the chance.

And now Frost is out ...

That's the first big one of the year. I wonder who flinches next.

Nebraska should consider Leavitt.

If not, then maybe feel out Fickell or Campbell. Or get in on the Shawn Clark, App State's Head Coach, train, before someone else realizes his value.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:40 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Spence wrote:I agree. It might be a tad early for Marcus to have that job. I think he will turn it around if he has a chance. Not sure he will get the chance.

And now Frost is out ...

That's the first big one of the year. I wonder who flinches next.

Nebraska should consider Leavitt.

If not, then maybe feel out Fickell or Campbell. Or get in on the Shawn Clark, App State's Head Coach, train, before someone else realizes his value.

Luke won't take the Nebraska job. He will take a high profile job, but not one that he starts out with the program in the ditch.

Return to “General Discussion”