Let’s Get Out Our Crystal Ball And Talk About…..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Let’s Get Out Our Crystal Ball And Talk About…..

Postby Mountainman » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:21 pm

From what I’ve seen out of Greg Sankey, he’s nothing but another Disney Puppet. :roll:

The Pinocchio of College Football where ‘The Mouse’ pulls his strings and he springs into action with reckless disregard of caution or consequence………. A Players Union????? You bet!!!! After all it’s their Name, Image, and Likeness the TV guys are selling……. So, should the players not receive at minimum 50% of the revenues????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

………and btw, as for Sankey’s, a.k.a. ‘The Mouse’, attempted coup d’etat of College Football, of the three conferences who threw up a roadblock, the PAC12 is imploding, the ACC is sitting around wringing their hands reading their TV Contract over and over and over, while the BIGTEN is the only one who went out did something about it. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:52 am

I bet they are going to win more that 50%, but I don't really know. I don't have a problem with NIL, I don't believe the schools should run it. I don't think they should use it as a recruiting tool. If the player wants to hire an agent and sell is name/image for endorsing products, I think that he/she should be able to do it. I think the money the schools get should continue to support the scholarship program. The scholarship program means something for most college athletes. Most use it as a way to go to school. Not as a stepping stone to the pro's.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:11 pm

Let me introduce you to another idiot…… Jason Stahl. :roll:

https://www.si.com/college/2022/07/28/c ... fficulties

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:22 pm

……….and while I’m at it, let me introduce yet another idiot. George Kliavkoff. :roll:

Seems that while he was on vacation, fishing in Montana, the BIGTEN came calling and snatched away Southern Cal and UCLA from the PAC12. Now that he’s back, he’s claiming that the BIGXII is attempting to ‘destabilize’ the PAC12!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can he really epizeuxis like that????? Can you really destabilize the destabilized????? :?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... expansion/

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:36 am

Since things appear to have calmed somewhat, I thought I’d take another look into the Crystal Ball this morning……… 8)

https://www.si.com/college/2022/08/11/w ... s-everyone

If anyone believes this is ‘over’ between the BIGTEN and ‘The Mouse’ I suggest maybe they reconsider…….. in my humble opinion, NO WAY IT’S OVER.

Mr. Crystal also revealed that if anyone believes Conference Realignment or Team Poaching is ‘over’……… in my humble opinion, NO WAY IT’S OVER. It’s just that the season is upon us and things have gone quiet, and when things get quiet in this environment and with the players in this bunch, you can bet your bippy the wheels are grinding.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:56 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

No doubt about that ...

When all is seemingly quiet, the Fox Den and the Mouse Hole are drawing up papers, and media release timing, for their next moves.

I suspect, that Spence is right, where the B-10 is looking to grow.

They maybe wait to see the growth potential of Baylor/Houston/TCU, then look for an outreach somewhere in a state full of sunshine.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:43 pm

I am not sure jumping away from ESPN or ABC is a good thing for the B1G, but I don't know that anything going on today in CFB is a good thing for anyone.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:52 pm

Spence wrote:I am not sure jumping away from ESPN or ABC is a good thing for the B1G, but I don't know that anything going on today in CFB is a good thing for anyone.

The future of College Football, all things considered, is indeed uncertain at this point, but on the bright side the actions of the BIGTEN, PAC12 and the ACC to put a stop sign to the behavior and covert collusion of ESPN and Greg Sankey to ambush the BIG12 was the correct move in light of the potential and possible consequences and outcomes for College Football as a whole.

All things considered, the BIGTEN had no choice but to jump into the fray, created by someone else, just as Jim Delany did when the ACC decided to expand by raiding and thus destroying the BIGEAST Conference. They are after all the the BIG DOG in College Football and need to lead, in spite of the Sankeys’s and ESPN’s.

All is not well at ‘The Mouse House’ and the BIGTEN saying ‘thanks but no thanks’ at this point while bringing NBC and CBS into the mainstream is a good thing considering there are those questioning Disney’s relationship with ESPN.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/dis ... r-dan-loeb

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:51 am

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:I am not sure jumping away from ESPN or ABC is a good thing for the B1G, but I don't know that anything going on today in CFB is a good thing for anyone.

The future of College Football, all things considered, is indeed uncertain at this point, but on the bright side the actions of the BIGTEN, PAC12 and the ACC to put a stop sign to the behavior and covert collusion of ESPN and Greg Sankey to ambush the BIG12 was the correct move in light of the potential and possible consequences and outcomes for College Football as a whole.

All things considered, the BIGTEN had no choice but to jump into the fray, created by someone else, just as Jim Delany did when the ACC decided to expand by raiding and thus destroying the BIGEAST Conference. They are after all the the BIG DOG in College Football and need to lead, in spite of the Sankeys’s and ESPN’s.

All is not well at ‘The Mouse House’ and the BIGTEN saying ‘thanks but no thanks’ at this point while bringing NBC and CBS into the mainstream is a good thing considering there are those questioning Disney’s relationship with ESPN.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/dis ... r-dan-loeb .

This has been where my contention fairs ...

ESPN clearly needed the Big 10 in order to shut the door on their monopoly. They already have the ACC, at a discount price. And it make me wonder how long they have been interfering in the realignment process.

The ACC raided the Big East to desolate it. But they responded, and maintained.

So, the ACC colluded with the Big 10, and they had a second raid. While the SEC, Big 10 and PAC ambushed the Big 12.

The Big East was ready to respond a second time, with Boise State and a few others, but the Big 12 acted first, and offered West Va.

That had Boise pull out of the deal, and thus, the Big East Football is no more.

If Disney had their way, they would have absorbed all of the Conference entities in one fell swoop. But the boardroom politicking haltered their plans to the point where FOX was able to hash out their contract with the Big 10.

It was a good thing, too.

ESPN was likely to push every game onto their streaming platform espn+

Right now, it is a failing commodity. The numbers are not strong enough to be sustainable.

Had they been the sole contractor for major college football, they would own the sport, and any fan wanting to watch a game would have to pay for a premium price service.

As long as FOX holds their ground, espn could lose some of their grip. Because their financial status is regressing.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:35 pm

It is true that the B1G now owns all the major tv markets in the US except Dallas. If Notre Dame would happen to jump, I think it would open the door for the B1G to go after Texas and Florida again.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:16 pm

Spence wrote:It is true that the B1G now owns all the major tv markets in the US except Dallas. If Notre Dame would happen to jump, I think it would open the door for the B1G to go after Texas and Florida again.

IMHO, it would be a very good thing for College Football and College Athletics in general if the BIGTEN is driving the bus. The Jim Swofford’s and Greg Sankey’s of the world have shown they just don’t have the aptitude to understand and embrace that ‘the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few’ and ‘without followers, evil cannot spread.’ 8)

Just wait ‘till you get a look at my ears!!!! :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:53 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:It is true that the B1G now owns all the major tv markets in the US except Dallas. If Notre Dame would happen to jump, I think it would open the door for the B1G to go after Texas and Florida again.

IMHO, it would be a very good thing for College Football and College Athletics in general if the BIGTEN is driving the bus. The Jim Swofford’s and Greg Sankey’s of the world have shown they just don’t have the aptitude to understand and embrace that ‘the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few’ and ‘without followers, evil cannot spread.’ 8)

Not sure the B1G has the best interest of the many either. Lots of greed to go around in CFB these days.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:21 am

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Not sure the B1G has the best interest of the many either. Lots of greed to go around in CFB these days.

There is no short supply of greed, but here’s my point……. When the ACC and ‘The Mouse’ colluded and decided to expand at the expense of another conference and when, once again, the SEC and ‘The Mouse’ colluded and decided to expand at the expense of another conference……. Which conference stood-up and trumped both of those moves, It was the BIGTEN.

And where do we find College Football now……… once again, we’ve got ‘The Mouse’ colluding with anyone willing to take College Football off the field and put it in a ‘room of experts’ to determine which teams have ‘The Brand’ and get to play for ‘The National Title’, when every team in the ‘NATION’ has no defined path to EARN a spot.

Maybe the BIGTEN will once again, step-up and bring some sense to these wreckless, shortsighted and GREEDY college presidents, conference commissioners and RODENTS.

8)

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:23 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

There is no short supply of greed, but here’s my point……. When the ACC and ‘The Mouse’ colluded and decided to expand at the expense of another conference and when, once again, the SEC and ‘The Mouse’ colluded and decided to expand at the expense of another conference……. Which conference stood-up and trumped both of those moves, It was the BIGTEN.

And where do we find College Football now……… once again, we’ve got ‘The Mouse’ colluding with anyone willing to take College Football off the field and put it in a ‘room of experts’ to determine which teams have ‘The Brand’ and get to play for ‘The National Title’, when every team in the ‘NATION’ has no defined path to EARN a spot.

Maybe the BIGTEN will once again, step-up and bring some sense to these wreckless, shortsighted and GREEDY college presidents, conference commissioners and RODENTS.

8) .

It was responsive action ...

For all of this "We're going to be Proactive" talk, coming from Conference Officials, nothing seems to happen until someone else flinches.

Adding all of those teams the Big XII did, was purely to attempt a desperate stabilizing motion. But, what is happening to them, is very similar to what happened to the Big East.

Two moves that went after the biggest players in the league, with deliberacy to erode it out of existence.

The A&M move wasn't an issue. Because they weren't the big boy with all the gruff. However, poaching A&M was an attempt to fracture the confidence of the Big XII, which worked to some degree. Missouri, Colorado and Nebraska all leaving was the result.

Still, not enough to damage the credibility of the Conference's Strength, so long as they had UT & OU. --- While adding West Virginia was a numbers move, it was hardly viable enough to replace 3 teams from the Northern Division who had been challenging for a Conference title.

Also, the first move was to setup the second.

Since reports had come out that the ACC was, and I quote the articles of when the news hit; "Blindsided by the announcement of Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC, because they thought they had an agreed upon deal with the two programs", it would suggest that espn was doing what they could to end the Big XII, in order to sponge up FOX's Market.

There is no way in the world to convince me, that OU/UT were settling in on joining a conference affiliated with espn, without their direct involvement. Especially when the move being made, was from the Big XII to the ACC, then pulling the rug out from underneath the ACC to manage an SEC move. While reports of e-mails from espn "People" had attempted to sway programs outside of the conference, to Not Accept an Invite.

It tells me that espn opened the door to the ACC for Texas and Oklahoma. Then, changed their minds, realizing they could increase the Revenue of 16 teams in the SEC would make more fiscal sense, than having to match Revenue earnings the ACC would negotiate if OU/UT were to join there.

Either match the money going to 16 more schools, along with the 14 members in the SEC. Or, have Texas & Oklahoma join the SEC and only increase the shares by 2 more schools, while keeping the contract with the ACC as is.

Either way, you get the two South West teams out of the deal.

Then the rumors that were circulating about certain major teams from the Big 10 possibly going South East.

Next thing you know, USC and UCLA are joining the Northern Midwest.

espn made one crucial error in all of this.

Feeling out the Big 10 powers, expecting it not to get back to FOX.

If they wanted to get all of the major brands, and believe it's pretty clear they did. They should have pressed the larger brands out of the West, first.

The PAC-12 was already struggling to sustain. Getting ahold of the brand names from out there, even if it meant merging them with the ACC, would have had more of an impact on decisions from the Big 10 programs you were hoping to court.

By being greedy, and arrogant, they went for the biggest brands first. Not the ones that would have opened the floor for talks.

The PAC has been left out there on their own Island.

Nobody aligned with them, and that made them vulnerable.

It also gave FOX leverage, by persuading the Big 10 Offices to reach out to the LA schools.

That agreement stabilized the firm structure they had already built, and afforded them a Negotiation that could match what espn was paying to the SEC.

All the while, the ACC & Big XII contracts remain valid, at their discounted prices --- and since the ACC's deal with espn is a locked grant of rights, through the 2035-36 academic year, with a $130 million exit penalty per team, then FOX has no reason to hurry in upping their offer outside of the Big 10.

As this is going on; The Big XII claims they are being "Proactive" and "No Longer Sitting On the Fence".

Yet, nothing worthy of note is actively happening.

The Big XII & Pac-Whatever are posturing their words, but not in motion.

One thing I have learned, is that no matter the language they use, they never mean what they say. It never became so much more evident, than when Donna Shalala told the Big East Committee, not to worry. Miami was going to stay in the Big East.

Then, the year the Big East/Miami contract reached its end, Miami bolted for the ACC, Shalala's answer to her saying Miami was staying:

I said Miami was staying in the Big East. I never said how long Miami was going to stay.

Then, the word of any College Administrator was completely deteriorated, when Texas A&M joined the SEC, and Missouri was mentioned as a potential secondary pairing.

Missouri, with Administrator as the Conference President, stating:

We have no plans of leaving. We are dedicated to strengthen the Big XII's firm bond.

The very same week they where signing the SEC dotted line.

You cannot take a syllable of what these puppets utter with sincerity.

So, when the Big XII commissioner tells us that they are "Going to Be Proactive" and are "No Longer Sitting On the Fence" --- I will take that to mean, each individual School is looking out for the best possible window of opportunity, regardless of how it effects the other conference members.

Until they prove otherwise.

They may mean what they say ... They just aren't being clear about what is meant when they say it.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:08 pm

Kinda reminds me of this scene where the right question was ask, but the answer was more revealing……… do you recall another line from Ole Gordo about “Greed is good”????? 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDD1tW59Mjg

Return to “General Discussion”