A Bold Move………. Think About It

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

A Bold Move………. Think About It

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:49 pm

What if the Atlantic Coast Conference, the Big Twelve Conference, the Pacific Coast Conference, and any number of other schools were to merger into one conference….. and then go to the TV, radio, streaming, etc guys and say, “Let’s talk”. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A Bold Move………. Think About It

Postby Derek » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:49 pm

I think that would force the SEC and Big 10 to merge and there is your super conferences. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:30 pm

Derek wrote:I think that would force the SEC and Big 10 to merge and there is your super conferences. 8)

The thing that would likely stop that is espn's rule the world under the round ears [and shadow of Blackrock], not wanting to share a revenue margin with FOX.

Disney has been on a crusade to absorb every rival media source that takes away from their profits.

However; the Mouse has seen its stock drop from $200 a share, to $95 a share.

Blackrock's demands are hurting their product.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:49 pm

I think the SEC and the B1G are going to absorb all the rest of the schools. Sort of an afc/nfc thing. Then you will have 2 commissioners making the rules. From there, they move to a national president or committee over football and there you go. I don't believe I like where they are going, but it looks like they are going there regardless.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:24 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Derek wrote:I think that would force the SEC and Big 10 to merge and there is your super conferences. 8)

The thing that would likely stop that is espn's rule the world under the round ears [and shadow of Blackrock], not wanting to share a revenue margin with FOX.

Disney has been on a crusade to absorb every rival media source that takes away from their profits.

I think Disney stock is dropping for political/moral reasons. People are sick of them grooming their kids, and also ruining everything they touch....such as Star Wars. Just my opinion of their recent stock troubles.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:00 pm

You do know it’s illegal to open and read other people’s mail……. :wink: :wink: :wink:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:20 pm

Derek wrote:

I think Disney stock is dropping for political/moral reasons. People are sick of them grooming their kids, and also ruining everything they touch....such as Star Wars. Just my opinion of their recent stock troubles.

Well, when you no longer can tell Mickey from Minnie, Goofy is dressed in Drag, Cinderella is transgender and Pinocchio is a politician with a 4 foot long nose, I’d say that’s a pretty good observation……. 8)

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:35 am

Derek wrote:

That is what precisely that has been driving their stock down ...

But it has not been by their own design, rather, at the behest of BlackRock asset investment firm, who is one of Disney's biggest shareholders, with nearly 150 million shares.

BlackRock deals in 10% of all Stocks world wide. They manage roughly $10 Trillion in assets.

Bloomberg was quoted as calling BlackRock, "the fourth branch of Government."

BlackRock's founder, and CEO, Larry Fink has a personal relationship with Timothy Geithner. The former United States Secretary of the Treasury. And during Geithner's stint under Obama from 2009 to 2013, BlackRock was able to control the interests of Citi Bank, Wells Fargo, Goldman & Sachs, Bank of America and Chase.

In 2018, Fink wrote a letter to all of the companies under BlackRock's umbrella: "Contribute to Society, or risk losing our support."

You want to see who's in the driver's seat of all this Social Justice ideology?

Just take a look in the driveway of Laurence Fink's house.

The man has a fitting last name, for sure.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”