It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over…..but it’s over for now

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over…..but it’s over for now

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:05 pm

……….it appears to me that the next battleground will be whether or not athletes are employees of the colleges and universities. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:21 pm

Mountainman wrote:……….it appears to me that the next battleground will be whether or not athletes are employees of the colleges and universities. 8)

I def think we are getting to that point. It won't be long now, maybe 3+ years where they won't even be required to attend class.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:14 am

Derek wrote:
Mountainman wrote:……….it appears to me that the next battleground will be whether or not athletes are employees of the colleges and universities. 8)

I def think we are getting to that point. It won't be long now, maybe 3+ years where they won't even be required to attend class.

I think they should cut the sport loose if it gets to that point.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:22 am

Spence wrote:
Derek wrote:

I think they should cut the sport loose if it gets to that point.

This bunch has shown in the past that they cannot come to a consensus about what’s good for the game. Instead their ‘solution’ has been to divide up in groups, a.k.a. ‘Divisions’, of like minded, self serving members.
All things considered, my crystal ball tells me that’s exactly what’s going to happen this time around too…….. so, I’m looking for them to divvy-up the current FCS and FBS members yet again and create another Division where an additional’Playoff’ will be staged.

I agree with Saban’s and Dabo’s take on things when Saban said, ‘They’ve already decided who’s #1 and #2…..’ and Dabo’s point about ‘There’s not 12 team that can win a National Title in College Football’. So , keep the current CFP at 4 and put another bracket together for the rest using the current Bowl Structure………. Everybody’s happy, the fans, the money grabbers, and all the TV networks and that way everyone has a shot at a ‘National Title’, everyone gets paid, and everyone gets TV programming, and the bowls fill their hotels, restaurants and bars with fans. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:22 pm

Remember the tale about the Little Dutch Boy who ran out of fingers? 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... versities/

Return to “General Discussion”