I am seriously about to get ticked off

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: I am seriously about to get pissed off

Postby donovan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:23 am

HeismanHog wrote:I'm sick of hearing about how Auburn has a chance at the MNC. What the hell man, do these "experts" not realize that we have to lose TWICE for them to have a chance at the SECCG? No one is even mentioning Arkansas as a 1 loss team with a chance at the title game. I realize that we got shellacked by USC at home, but we also stomped Auburns butt at home, so what does that say for Auburn, yet ESPN etc still singing their praises.

Oh and I hate Lou Holtz, he will never pick Arkansas to win anything just b/c hes mad that Broyles fired his butt. Also I can't hardly understand a word the old jerk says.

Take a deep breathe....or prozac...vallium....it will be OK...or not....checking those statistics....yep 50-50 chance it will be OK....or not.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:39 am

Auburn won't go ahead of Arkansas as long as Arkansas wins out. The reason Auburn is ahead in the polls is the people who vote do not think Arkansas will win out. Watch Arkansas start to jump as the move through the end of the schedule, with a big jump in the polls with a win in the SEC championship game. USC must lose for Arkansas to jump them, though, because the win at Arkansas was too much for the voters to forget about.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Re: I am seriously about to get pissed off

Postby mountainman » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:09 am

HeismanHog wrote:I'm sick of hearing about how Auburn has a chance at the MNC. What the hell man, do these "experts" not realize that we have to lose TWICE for them to have a chance at the SECCG? No one is even mentioning Arkansas as a 1 loss team with a chance at the title game. I realize that we got shellacked by USC at home, but we also stomped Auburns butt at home, so what does that say for Auburn, yet ESPN etc still singing their praises.

Oh and I hate Lou Holtz, he will never pick Arkansas to win anything just b/c hes mad that Broyles fired his butt. Also I can't hardly understand a word the old jerk says.

It's the QB situation at Arkansas that has folks suspect about their chances. :roll:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:54 pm

:D :lol: :D Well, maybe so, Mcfadden is indeed an outstanding back, but remember ..... Mitch Mustain couldn't do it. :lol: :D :lol:

mountainman

Re: I am seriously about to get ticked off

Postby mountainman » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:04 pm

HeismanHog wrote:otherwise the USC loss kills us.

As did the loss at Louisville did the Mountaineers, and as did the loss at Rutgers did the Cardinals, etc, etc, etc ......., but there's still a BCS Bowl out there for the taking ................... Let's GOOOOOOOOO Mountaineers ....... and SuuuuuuuuuEEEEEEEEEE HOGS :lol: :D :lol:

colorado_loves_football

Re: I am seriously about to get ticked off

Postby colorado_loves_football » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:50 pm

Actually, it's really not all that 'far-fetched'. Doesn't anyone remember 2001? That year, Colorado beat Nebraska (undefeated & ranked #2, overall) late in the season. Colorado won the Big XII, Nebraska went to the Rose Bowl (and lost) to eventual NC Miami, FL. Oregon beat CU 38-16 in the Fiesta Bowl. Colorado, I believe was #9 at season's end.
Now, 'compare' Arkansas agaist Auburn, you will likely see a 'similar' arrangement. Even if Arkansas wins the SEC, outright, they likely won't pass Auburn in the overall rankings (although they could). It's a 'loophole' someone needs to address, but it could send Auburn to BCS.

heismanHog wrote:Oh and I hate Lou Holtz, he will never pick Arkansas to win anything just b/c hes mad that Broyles fired his butt. Also I can't hardly understand a word the old jerk says.

He is clearly 'biased' but aren't we all? I don't think he cares, either way.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:24 pm

LubbockHasNoTrees wrote:
Spence wrote:The reason Auburn is ahead in the polls is the people who vote do not think Arkansas will win out. ...USC must lose for Arkansas to jump them, though, because the win at Arkansas was too much for the voters to forget about.

You just pointed out the problem with human polls... polls aren't designed for so-called "experts" who really know no more than us to predict the future... polls are designed to create an evaluation of what has happened on the field.

USC will & should remain ahead of Arkansas as long as they both only have 1 loss... if USC loses again, Arkansas should jump them at that point and shouldn't really have any obstacles keeping them out of reaching near the top... of course that's assuming Arkansas wins out.

I don't disagree with that. The USC win over Arkansas wasn't a fluke win or an upset. USC won the game straight out. So in my view SC has to lose again for Arkansas to jump them. If they do lose, though, and Arkansas wins out, I like them for the championship game.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:53 pm

I think that Arkansas needs two things to happen. One is for USC to Lose(for Arkansas it would be best if Oregon beats SC and SC beats Cal, but it doesn't have to be that way) and the second thing is for West Virginis to beat Rutgers. Rutgers has a shot also. I'm not sure how good a shot, but they have one.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:44 pm

It would be decided on the highest ranked team in the BCS which would likely be West Virginia.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:04 pm

Spence wrote:Auburn won't go ahead of Arkansas as long as Arkansas wins out. The reason Auburn is ahead in the polls is the people who vote do not think Arkansas will win out. Watch Arkansas start to jump as the move through the end of the schedule, with a big jump in the polls with a win in the SEC championship game. USC must lose for Arkansas to jump them, though, because the win at Arkansas was too much for the voters to forget about.

Yep! IF ark. wins the SEC, that will be a NCG right thur.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”