Something to keep in mind

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:41 pm

Come on! You can't find a better example than that? This is Trev Alberts we're talking about! :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:20 pm

Eric wrote:Come on! You can't find a better example than that? This is Trev Alberts we're talking about! :lol:

I'm pretty sure his last name is 'Albert' not 'Alberts' (Im' not sure why everyone (including myself) has such trouble with it?
The reason I know this he (along with Brian Jones & Brian Curtis) do a show, where they each shed their 'insight' on the game. One of them, called him 'Trev Alberts', and he remarked "It's fun working with people who don't even know my name!".
Trev "Albert" makes 'blanket' predictions. He made a similiar mistake with this year's Oregon vs. Oklahoma game (basically used it to support his view, he's a playoff proponent). He gets offended when anyone 'insults' his team (Nebraska Cornhuskers). But, he's not a bad analyst. Everyone, has 'biases'. I know I do. Give him a break.
I thought Oklahoma would beat USC, too, probably for same reasons.
And, it's always easy to 'second guess' after the fact.
Those guys have a 'reputation' to uphold. When they are wrong it's like a huge spotlight is being shone on their 'egos'. Following Nebraska's loss (to USC) Trev "Albert" promised to be more objective. A good aim, IMO.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:39 pm

No, it is Alberts. Ask any Nebraska fan. Howdy could probably confirm this.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”