Spence...Do I have a deal for you...LOL

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Spence...Do I have a deal for you...LOL

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:18 pm

Wake Forest is 8-1 with wins over teams like Boston College, Mississippi, UConn, Syracuse, NC, NC State...(1 loss to Clemson)

FSU is 5-4 with losses to Clemson, BC, Maryland, NC State..

Betcha 1,000 CFP that FSU beats Wake (game @FSU).
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:36 pm

After resigning myself to the fact that FSU was a bad team in a mediocre conference this year, I have now found a reason to be excited.

1...I like the new QB...Xavier Lee...and I am excited aboutb his potential as he gains experience.

2...I like the fact that Mickey Andrews has performed miracles with the defense...With a whole new defensive team having to play because of the plethora of injuries, Mickey is starting true freshman and having non scholarship guys on the two deep. Even so, Mickey's defense is still ranked #10 in Total Defense. Gives me hope for the future...these young guys will mature into good players.

3...Wake will wake the dead. Lazurus will shake off his shroud and arise to join the living....I, for this week, am excited about FSU football again...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:25 pm

Nope. Performance on the field this year may say one thing, but you could give me points and I am not taking Wake. It may be an exteme bias on my part for the haves against the have nots, but I couldn't pull the trigger on a bet like that.

At some point Florida State is going to start playing football again. They have signed too many good classes not to start winning at some point. :wink:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:30 pm

Yeah...I wouldn't want to bet on Wake either...the alternate universe could shift back at any time...

Return to “General Discussion”