Does This Year Stink?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Does This Year Stink?

Yes, It's Terrible; Even for College Football!
18%
No, We Were Just Spoiled by 2005
55%
Eh, I'm Indifferent; It's Not Great or Terrible
27%

Total votes: 11

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:05 pm

I think the Reds should keep Ken Jr. It is mostly personal for me. I saw his dad play as a rookie. The first game I saw Ken Sr. play he lined two home runs of the center field wall. They didn't clear the fence by two feet, but they hit the wall with such force that you could here the pop all over the stadium. I also got to see KGJ grow up. I saw him aas a little kid at the Reds father/son game right thru to him being a teenager. He was always a step above the other kids, always.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:08 pm

I have only been to one major league game...to see the Atlanta Braves..1969, the night that we landed on the moon.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:43 pm

So you got to see Hammerin Hank. Did he park one that night?

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:45 pm

Yep...I saw Hank...no Aaron HR that night...I don't remember how he did at the plate.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:55 pm

I saw him tie the record in Cincy on opening day 1974 in the "new" riverfront stadium. I thought he would break it in Cincy, but he didn't hit another in that series.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:13 pm

Spence wrote:I think the Reds should keep Ken Jr. It is mostly personal for me. I saw his dad play as a rookie. The first game I saw Ken Sr. play he lined two home runs of the center field wall. They didn't clear the fence by two feet, but they hit the wall with such force that you could here the pop all over the stadium. I also got to see KGJ grow up. I saw him aas a little kid at the Reds father/son game right thru to him being a teenager. He was always a step above the other kids, always.

hmm...still is.....we miss him in Seattle...If it were not for our lame management.....we may still have him....someday make a list of all stars that floated through Seattle. No don't I am already too depressed.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”