Ark vs. Tennessee

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:55 am

The Heismanpundit.com straw poll voters, Nov. 9:

Tom Dienhart (The Sporting News)
Austin Murphy (Sports Illustrated)
Stewart Mandel (Sports Illustrated)
B.J. Schecter (Sports Illustrated)
Olin Buchanan ( Rivals.com)
Neal McCready (Mobile Register Guard)
Ted Miller (Seattle Post-Intelligencer/ESPN)
Dave Weekley (WCHS-AM 580, Charleston)
Ted Lewis (New Orleans Times-Picayune)
Carson Palmer, 2002 Heisman Trophy Winner

This week's poll results, with total points and first-place votes in parentheses:

1. Troy Smith, Ohio State, 28 (9)

2. Brady Quinn, Notre Dame, 18

3. Darren McFadden, Arkansas, 4 (1)

4. (tie) Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech, 2

Steve Slaton, West Virginia, 2

6. (tie) Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma, 1

Colt Brennan, Hawaii, 1

Colt McCoy, Texas, 1

Michael Hart, Michigan, 1

J.D. Booty, USC, 1
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

No Ray Rice, huh? I think he gets my vote. For me, I think it should be a 3-way race with McFadden, Rice, and Smith. They are all great players and this race should be closer than what it really is. Smith is a L-O-C-K at this point.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:37 am

HeismanHog wrote:
Eric wrote:No Ray Rice, huh? I think he gets my vote. For me, I think it should be a 3-way race with McFadden, Rice, and Smith. They are all great players and this race should be closer than what it really is. Smith is a L-O-C-K at this point.

You got that right about Smith, and here's something that PISSES ME OFF, the U of A has already announced that they have no intention of promoting DMac for next season. WHat are they scared of?

forget the prozac or vallium...maybe just Jack Daniels......I think maybe you should tell us what they are afraid of...
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:46 am

Some schools don't want the focus to be on one player. It can get in the way of what they want to accomplish. Nothing wrong with that.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:37 pm

How many of you guys watched the Ark vs. Tenn game. Man....Ark completely dominated every aspect of the game. Tennessee was never a threat to win that game. I was not expecting that at all. First game that I have not felt anxious or nervous from beginning to end.

Darren McFadden is incredible. He rushed for 181 yards and Two touchdowns and threw for another TD (he lined up at QB on 14 plays). That coming off his 200+ yard game and two td's in South Carolina.

Did you guys see the half time report? Where they asked coach Fulmer how they were going to stop McFadden in the 2nd half...here is roughly how his answer went....Ummm, well, I, Uh, Uh, Uh, (stutter a little), then angrily saying...We have to tackle his butt, followed by we stacked the box with 8 guys, and then he ummm, and stuttered for another 15 seconds. I was laughing so hard I was crying. And did you guys see how Arkansas comletely shut down their passing game...well until the last 4 minutes of the game. But the game was over by then anyway.

I thought the Hogs would win but not in dominating fashion.

Just a little side note: The post game comments from both teams were great: Fulmer stated the crowd was intimidating and affected the outcome of the game....several of the players said that the crowd got to them and they were caught off guard. Sometimes I guess the crowd can play a role in the game.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:43 pm

Truly a great win. I would like to have seen us not have McFadden, Jones, and Dick in quite so long. I just hope we can get by Miss St and get healthy, before the game with LSU.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:52 pm

I was suprised to see our starters still in the game with 8 minutes and less remaining in the game. The game was over. Why was McFadden carrying the ball with 2 minutes left. Made me a little nervous. Especially because I saw both Jones and McFadden slip a couple of times and have one of there legs extended and locked into place....it scared me a couple of times...that was the only thing I think the Hogs did wrong.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:53 pm

That game against LSU is going to be SOMETHING ELSE. I can't wait for that one.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:30 pm

They have to take care of Miss State on the road first....I hope they can rest some guys against Miss state and still win the game. The Hogs will be tough to beat playing LSU in Little Rock. That game is televised every year by CBS on the Friday after Thanksgiving. The Hogs and LSU play for a trophy called the boot (the state of Arkansas and Louisiana form a boot shape). Anyway, both teams will play tough. It should be a good physical game.

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:50 pm

I cannot believe it, but the information that I get is that the Miss St vs Arkansas game will NOT be televised. How can LFS, CBS or ESPN not pick up this game that could determine the Western Division SEC winner?

The SEC must revise their TV contracts if this is true. Miss St beat Alabama a week ago, so this is no gimmee.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Return to “General Discussion”