Upset Alert: Alabama vs. Mississippi State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:06 pm

:oops: :cry: :( :evil: :twisted:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:13 pm

Look at it this way. You can say "We should have won the game" and it would have merit. If Ohio State had lost to Illinois we couldn't even have that. Illinois flat took it to us. It was embarrassing, but confirms what I have been saying from the start of the year. Ohio State is pretty good, but they aren't a great team.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:50 pm

Well, in my case I'm more disappointed in me than the team.

I'm sure you recall that before the season ever began the concerns I had about losing 5 to graduation from the defense .... 4 of those 5 were DB's ... and my concern about the youth, a sophomore and freshman, on special teams, the place kicker and punter respectively.

Life as a fan oftentimes can expose ones shortcomings when it comes to being objective about your favorite college football team. :lol: :D :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:10 pm

Yeah, I know. The Bucks have me thinking maybe this is the team even though my head tells me it isn't. I will be crushed just the same.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:56 am

Spence wrote:Yeah, I know. The Bucks have me thinking maybe this is the team even though my head tells me it isn't. I will be crushed just the same.

Ohio State will win the NC. The are not a great team, just better than everyone else in a fairly mediocre year. No one is going to talk about CF of 2006 unless you have a son playing or your life is spent blogging here....
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:30 am

It depends on whether the bowl games are good or not. If they are really good games it doesn't matter how good the teams end up being.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:13 am

i'm finally able to get back on here and this is the first thread i see :cry: oh well

at least yall were able to get your picks in! now i'll never get back outa #20 land :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”