louisville/rutgers

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:15 pm

billybud wrote:Meineke Car Care is the bowl for the BE #3....

However, I see that for this year only, Navy has been issued a preseason invite..

So...I don't know where the BE #3 goes.

Navy (an independent) should give the Big East the 'upper hand' with respect to the Gator Bowl, IMO.

Gator Bowl 1/01/07 (my 'prediction').
Jacksonville, FL
$1,600,000 ACC #3 vs. Big East #3 (or Big XII).

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:24 pm

billybud wrote:http://football.about.com/od/bowlgames/a/06bowlschedule.htm

The sites list the BE #3 as Car care bound in Charlotte...but since Navy has scarped that up this year, it may be that the BE #3 is El Paso bound...to the Sun Bowl.

Right, if Navy is eligible for a bowl game, they take the Big East's slot. I doubt the Big East will have many apperances in that bowl game as long as Johnson is the head coach there. They have their own deal with the bowl game.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:30 pm

Navy (an independent) should give the Big East the 'upper hand' with respect to the Gator Bowl, IMO.

Depends. If Notre Dame loses another game and thus doesn't get a BCS bid, the Irish will probably go to the Gator.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:01 am

My goodness. What an ending.

I'm happy, regardless.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:16 am

The human drama of athletic competition ..... the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat ........ :wink:

Congratulations to the Scarlet Knights

Man-o-man ... how I do love this game. 8)

Yahoo ..... we're back in it. :D

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:26 am

WVU wrote:37-34 Rutgers

There I did it didn't think I would but I did.

Give that man a Cigar. :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:02 am

I guess if you look back at last Thursdays game you should have seen this coming. I didn't, but should have. MM, does the B-East take the highest ranked BCS team over the head to head in a tie breaker. If so, this is West Virginia's way back to the BCS.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:06 am

West Virginia will be in. We'll end up with a round robin circle of Rutgers beating Louisville beating West Virginia beating Rutgers. WVU will end up in the top 10 of the BCS, but I feel the BCS needs to take 2 Big East teams now that they have 4 at-large slots.

If I had my way of selecting at-larges right now, I'd want Rutgers, Boise State, loser of the SEC championship game, and the Michigan/Ohio State loser.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:17 am

There is no way they will leave out Notre Dame with two losses. That won't happen. Bowls have more freedom with at-larges. It will come down to who they have to take accordinf to BCS rules and then who will make them the most money. Remember the BCS only goal is to match up #1 vs #2 and make money for the conferences. It doesn't even pretend to be fair about at large bids.

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Louisville - Rutgers

Postby Swamp Daddy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:21 am

Hi all: Congratulations to Rutgers. The game sure played out differently than I had envisioned. Never saw such a change from the first half to the second.

Interesting game from many aspects.

Swamp Daddy :cry:
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:23 am

There are a million ways that a fan can react to a loss. Yours is the classy one. Tough game for Louisville. It is hard to go back to back with big games like that.

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:24 am

Yeah, I know, I don't disagree. That would be in my perfect world though.

Notre Dame wouldn't deserve a BCS bid if they finish 10-2. Sure they are a pretty good team, but who have they beaten besides Georgia Tech in week 1 (week 1 is when everyone is rusty). I just wouldn't buy into the resume. Oh, and there are those oh so impressive wins against a mediocre Penn State team, a mediocre nail-biting finish against UCLA, a terrible Stanford team, a terrible North Carolina team, and the Commander-in-Chief trifecta. :roll:

I know every team plays their cupcakes, but ND has looked decent when beating them. They really have failed to "wow" me at all this entire season.

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:54 am

And just to clarify something, if ND beats USC and finishes 11-1, I think they deserve a BCS bid.

And, so my comments aren't taken hypocritically, I know Boise State has only played Hawaii and Oregon State. But Boise State has got some momentum rolling towards their favor and I wouldn't deny them an opportunity. Notre Dame has had their time in the spotlight, but Boise State has to go so solve some unanswered questions.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:04 am

Boise State will go. Unless they loss they are a lock.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:32 am

HeismanHog wrote:
Spence wrote:Boise State will go. Unless they loss they are a lock.

I think your right about Boise St.

Here's my dilemna, what if one of the slots come down to Aub or ND? I mean obviously I'll root for my conference team to get in so Arkie gets a larger slice of pie, but I hate these two teams.

Never mind I hate ND more.

Well.....In my opinion, which is neither humble or contrite, the big loser tonight was Boise State. However.....they need to go undefeated....and if there are some losses above them this weekend, they may get a banner report on ESPN. Doubtful..but maybe. In my skewed view...Boise State could have played as well tonight as either Rutgers or Louisville, which, I believe was won and lost due to coaching. Unexcusable that Louisville coaches could not stop the flow of that game. That is what good and great coaches do.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”