louisville/rutgers

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:12 pm

Spence wrote:Of course today the Illinois defense pulled the Buckeyes pants down between their legs. Illinois defense out played Ohio State the whole second half of the game. The Buckeye O-line got beat badly most of the game. Ohio State was lucky to get out of Champaign-Urbana with the win. We got out played today.

I think this is a great point. Illinois is really the only team to give Ohio State a decent game all season so far. By the way, anybody remember how Rutgers fared against Illinois?

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:01 pm

Yes, but you have to consider the body of work. Teams can struggle in a game they shouldn't struggle in. Ohio State even dominated Illinois in the first half. They second half the Buckeyes got embarrassed and beat. They were lucky to pull it out.

I am struggling what to do with Rutgers this week. If I take my head out of it and just consider the body of work, so far, it tells me they should probably move up to a place a good undefeated team should be. It is just hard to get over the North Carolina game, when they didn't look so good for 60 minutes. They struggled the whole game, they didn't just look like they shut it down the second half.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”