The Pigs vs. The Chickens

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:48 am

The left side of the O-line had trouble picking up the defensive rush which pressured Mitchell to make an ill-advised throw.

Well, I blew that one! :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:03 am

Spence...it's actually Marcus Monk. He did have a great game. He is a big time receiver. He is only 4 TD's off the all time school record and he is just a junior.

I thought the Hogs were going to blow the Gamecocks out. The turning point in that game was when Ark was up by 13 in the second half (late in the third quarter) and had the ball first and goal. Any points there probably puts the game out of reach for South Carolina....then the dreaded interception. That put South Carolina back into the game.

What are everyones predicitons for the game next week in Arkansas....Tennessee vs. Ark.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:46 am

Ooooh, that Tennessee/Arkansas game should be fantastic. I'm not sure I want to make a prediction on that one. Well, this should be to Arkansas' advantage (since I am a semi-Hog fan):

Tennessee 27, Arkansas 21
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:25 am

Dossenator wrote:What are everyones predicitons for the game next week in Arkansas....Tennessee vs. Ark.

Houston Nutt, when he was at Boise State, prior to returning to his roots, not only was a good coach, he was a good person. He took a program that had just started with a plan to be competitive on a bigger scale when the Coach Pokey Allen died. He did a lot to improve Boise's program and continued to lay a foundation of a good program, facilities, etc. But the best thing about Coach Nutt, was he knew every player individually and talked to them and knew about their family, their problems and was involved in helping each player be focused on school and football..(ok maybe it was the other order)

Arkansas 32 Tennesse 19....just because I like Nutt...and I think they can control the game.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:23 pm

Coach Nutt is a very good man. He is genuine when he says he cares about his players as people and how they function in society after football. He takes extra time out to try and help these young men succeed.

He has also helped to improve the University of Arkansas football program. In the 1950's to 1970 they were an elite program. They had glimses in the 1980's but quickly fell off the map. Before Nutt was hired the Hogs had several losing seasons and no bowl games. Danny Ford just about killed our program. Nutt came in and began to build it back up. While he has been here they have built an incredible indoor practice facility, and renovated the stadium (that included adding the largest jumbo tron in the world...know second largest to Texas of course). He has also made the Hogs winners again, and we expect to go to a bowl every year now. This year will be his 7 bowl out of 9 years coaching here. That is not bad. I think people forget what it was like before he got here. When this year started many people wanted him gone. They were wearing fire Houston shirts to the games. These same people are know loving him. It makes me sick. I hope Nutt is the coach here for many more years and I hope he someday takes over the Athletic Directors job from Broyles.

As for the Tenneessee game it should be good. I have seen Tenneessee play a couple of games this year and they seem to have troble stopping the run. I think the Hogs can run on them. However, I am worried about Tenn passing attack. The Hogs will have there hands full trying to stop the pass. The D-backs are banged up...and another started got hurt in the South Carolina game. I am not even going to try and predict a score. Go Hogs!
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:38 pm

Here are some post game comments from Steve Spurier:

He called his team losers:

"That's why we're losers around here -- because we don't do the little things right," Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier said.

He also seemed a little confused on what happened in the game:

"Maybe they're a lot better than us," Spurrier said of Arkansas. "We were fortunate enough to get close --- I don't know what happened."

I guess he is just being a coach and trying to motivate his players. He still has tough games against Florida and Clemson.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:16 am

Spurrier is just a classless buttface, he doesn't know how to do anything with class, including lose.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”