A "What If" I could live with.....

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:31 am

As you have all figured out..I am not very bright....where do you make the picks....I had a fantasy once...but..that may have been a different subject.

I had some convaluted reasoning why Boise State could be number one in the country....but as I read it over...it sound too much like the reasoning used for most of our discussion...

The rain has stopped for a spell. Sheriffs department told us to evacuate the office today at about noon. I sent them all home....they were all lazy dolts, anyway....no damage...that is good...they are all too prima donna's to mop anyway.....
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:15 am

Click on "Fantasy Picks" in the top left corner.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:24 am

Spence wrote:Click on "Fantasy Picks" in the top left corner.

Oh....how come it is not more difficult and twisted......
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:27 pm

Spence wrote:Slaton has the ability to carry the team on his back, for one. But beyond that point I was comparing running styles of the two and as is often the casr you don't undrstand the questions put forth.
I assume you're referring to the same Steve Slaton that nearly 'fumbled' the game away? (some might argue that he did that very thing).
I don't blame one player for a teams' performance, and neither should you. One player, is not a 'program' at any rate. You should know better than that, Spence. Frankly I'm surprised.
Who really cares who I think he 'looks' like? Why does it matter? Personally, I think Oklahoma St (who was mostly 'offensive' back when Jimmy Johnson was their coach), 'resembles' W. Virginia, maybe not the same approach, but the same kind of 'style' if you will.
Frankly, I don't think any one player 'single-handedly' makes that much difference, either way. Back when Colorado was 'very good', they had 'reservists', who in some instances did better than the actual starters.
Darian Hagan was QB, a Heisman candidate, but CU lost to Notre Dame, 21-6. The following year, Colorado actually did 'better' with Charles Johnson in the lineup (a 'pocket' QB). Bieniemy (CU's leading ground gainer) had a broken leg, missed a majority of the season. Sure, those guys were 'instrumental' to the success of the football program as a whole, but were far from being 'irreplacable'. Bieniemy, I believe still holds a majority of CU's records. But, they 'won' the NC, due to how the team played, more-so than one individual athlete, and coincidentally, he made 'key' mistakes in Colorado's loss to N.D. So, it's all relative.
I have a lot of respect for the W. Virginia football program, moreso than you do, apparently. But, I don't 'put you down' for your beliefs, that's the difference, I suppose between your approach, and mine. To each his own. Thank God we don't live in a monarchy. You rule with an iron fist. You would have made a good 'dictator'. I'm glad that's 'old school'.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:12 pm

I never said Slaton was the team or that Slaton had a good game against Louisville, it was a terrible game for him. What I said was he has the talent to propel his team to a win almost single handedly. Slaton is an immense talent that doesn't get 1/8th the credit for how good he really is as a player.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:14 pm

ahhh...Spence is the master of taking the "high road"....I will watch and learn, Master.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”