Overrated/Disrespected

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:23 pm

CLF wrote:Those are good numbers, but I think Ohio St, still needs more 'balance' in how they approach it, personally. I like Troy Smith, he may even win the Heisman, but NC's are won (and lost) by how well a team plays as a whole. Generally speaking, they don't coincidel although they can. Pittman is clearly an outstanding running back.

Balanced? Ohio State is very balanced. 1627 yards rushing - 2138 passing. Every back has scored a touchdown. 13 different receivers have caught passes - 8 have scored touchdowns. If that isn't a balanced offense I don't know what one looks like. :roll:

CLF wrote:It would appear (to me) that Michigan has Hart, working in their favor, and Henne at the controls. With Manningham serving as the 'throttle'. How can they lose?

I never said Michigan would win or lose. Michigan is very good, they are fully capable of beating Ohio State. The same works in reverse.

CLF wrote:I don't necessarily have a problem with how the Buckeyes approach the game, but I think they could stand to be a little more 'humble'. I don't really like seeing them put inordinate scores on teams, just to prove a point. They did that against Cincinnati, it didn't really impress me all that much.

Ohio State had amost all the first and second team players on the sidelines and Cincy had their 1st. team in the game. The reserves ran the offense. What do you tell them to do, take a knee for a whole quarter?

Marc Dantonio and Jim Tressel are very good friends. Tressel would never do anything to show him up. Dantonio said as much after the game. You have to let the players that are in the game play, until at least the two minute mark. Then you can try and run the clock out.

Ohio State could have scored 50 in several games this year and they didn't do it. They weren't running up the score. ABC has cut the feed on the last three games Ohio State has played because they were over in the 1st. half.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:27 pm

I read your small print, but you kind of have a point. Colorado is a little underrated because they aren't as bad as the record indicates. They'll be in a bowl game next year. Usually all those bad breaks go the other way if a team gets too many in one season.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”