UCF Read Schedule Wrong

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

UCF Read Schedule Wrong

Postby BYUfan1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:08 pm

I didn't think UCF would beat Pitt, but I didn't think Pitt would have a 45-0 lead either. UCF is making turnovers all over the place, and the defense is non-existant. Maybe the Big East is deeper than we all thought.
Last edited by BYUfan1 on Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:23 pm

How deep after Louisville and WVU? That's the question. UCF was beaten by USF and Southern Miss and killed by Florida....Pitt was thoroughly beaten by Michigan State....Rutgers was very close to a very mediocre North Carolina (maybe the best team that they have played)...

I might, at this point, put up Wake Forest as being the third best team if they were in the Big East..(Wake thoroughly beat Syracuse and UConn and killed Mississippi 27-3.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

mountainman

Re: UCF Read Schedule Wrong

Postby mountainman » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:34 pm

BYUfan1 wrote: Maybe the Bie East is deeper than we all thought.

Once upon-a-time, the Lone Ranger and Tonto were riding along in the Great American West.

Suddenly, a band of Indians appeared, and with a mighty War Whoop, the Indians began chasing the Lone Ranger and Tonto.

Faster and faster they rode while arrows and spears, tomahawks and knives whizzed and spun past their heads.

While trying to escape the Indians, the Lone Ranger and Tonto made a mistake and discovered they had rode into a boxed canyon, from which there was no escape.

So the Lone Ranger and Tonto dismounted their horses and took up a defensive position behind some large boulders.

BANG, BANG, BANG sounded the pistols of the Lone Ranger. Ka-POW, Ka-POW, KA-POW rang out the rifle of Tonto as they fought to hold off the Indians for several hours.

After a while the Lone Ranger turned to Tonto and said, "I'm out of bullets" and Tonto replied, "Me too, Kemosobie".

As the Indians pressed the attack, the Lone Ranger again turned to Tonto and said, "What do you think we should do?"

Tonto replied, "What do you mean we, white man?" :lol: :D :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:49 pm

billybud wrote:How deep after Louisville and WVU? That's the question. UCF was beaten by USF and Southern Miss and killed by Florida....Pitt was thoroughly beaten by Michigan State....Rutgers was very close to a very mediocre North Carolina (maybe the best team that they have played)...

I might, at this point, put up Wake Forest as being the third best team if they were in the Big East..(Wake thoroughly beat Syracuse and UConn and killed Mississippi 27-3.

I disagree. I don't think Wake would be #3 in the Big East. Pitt losing to Michigan State isn't such a big deal. That was the same MSU team that lost to Notre Dame by 3 points, not the one that lost to Illinois by a FG. Rutgers isn't very good, but they are average. I think Pitt is a lot better than given credit for and Rutgers is overrated.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:52 pm

billybud wrote:How deep after Louisville and WVU? That's the question. UCF was beaten by USF and Southern Miss and killed by Florida....Pitt was thoroughly beaten by Michigan State....Rutgers was very close to a very mediocre North Carolina (maybe the best team that they have played)...

Just because Michigan State beat Pitt. doesn't make Pitt, a bad team. Michigan State has capable athletes. They just aren't well coached fundamentally.

The B-East isn't bad this year. They have a couple outstanding teams and several average teams. The B-East has adjusted pretty well to losing the teams they lost. They have proven they deserve their automatic bid in my eyes.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:55 am

Yeah, it's going to take a couple years. Pitt is probably better than more than just a few ACC teams, assuredly Wake in my opinion. Wake Forest beat Syracuse and UConn, two pretty bad football teams. USF, Cincy, 'Cuse, and UConn are pretty bad and that does make up half of the conference. However, I think the top is good enough to deserve a BCS bid.

USF will get there, right now they just stink. Pitt is going to become elite again with the recruiting classes Wanstedt will be bringing in, Rutgers may keep up their solid play, Louisville will remain at the top, UConn might be pretty decent because I like what Randy Edsall has done wtih the football program, and West Virginia will beat up on the Big East for years to come.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:58 pm

Eric wrote:I disagree. I don't think Wake would be #3 in the Big East. Pitt losing to Michigan State isn't such a big deal. That was the same MSU team that lost to Notre Dame by 3 points, not the one that lost to Illinois by a FG. Rutgers isn't very good, but they are average. I think Pitt is a lot better than given credit for and Rutgers is overrated.

We'll find out soon enough, how Rutgers and Pittsburgh compare to each other (they play, next week in Pittsburgh). Rutgers still hasn't really impressed me, despite beating Navy, handily (34-0). Brian Hampton was out, nearly the entire game, and he was the 'key' to Navy's option attack.
Anyone who follows football knows that the option is best handled by one QB, and you really can't 'throw' in a reserve, and I think the stats reflected that. So, we still really don't know how good Rutgers is, at least not defesively. I think Pitt will likely 'prove' whether or not Rutgers is for real. Wake Forest, showed they are 'for real' by beating N.C. St.
The late INT 'iced' the game for the Demon Deacons. I think W.F. has an 'outside' shot at the ACC title game, if their QB can get healthy.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:29 pm

Rutgers will get spanked against Pitt. Palko will have 350+ yards passing with 4 TDs. Stephens-Howling will run for 150+. I'll predict Pitt winning by a score of 35-20.

Return to “General Discussion”