The Coach's Son

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

The Coach's Son

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:00 pm

Anyone catch the Texas game this last week. Our "freshman" quarterback looks like he's been training for that game since he could walk. The tougher OU got on him, the better he did.

Also, that was the hardest hitting I've ever seen in a single game. It's like Texas DB's are hoping the other team catches the ball so they can punish them for disrespecting the secondary.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:31 pm

I was impressed with McCoy's poise even when Texas played Ohio State. He didn't let mistakes shake him and he wasn't looking to the sidelines for help.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:43 pm

This game proved a couple things. Texas is a very good football team, THIS YEAR. Nebraska is in fact BACK.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:13 am

I don't know if Nebraska is "back" or not. The team doesn't have any good wins this season. Nebraska is probably a year or two from playing like they did in the glory days.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:58 am

Not back in terms of the glory seasons, but back in terms of being a viable team. Nebraska has had a solid year so far and they have a real shot at the B-12 championship game, where they will get a rematch with Texas.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:00 pm

Oh, I misunderstood. Yeah, I think Nebraska has a legit shot at the Big 12. I'm picking Missouri to win the North though.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:15 pm

Perrilloux isn't able to play. I think that he is 3rd on the QB depth chart at LSU.

Snead will probably end up at..... :?

My guess would be TCU or Houston. Houston has a high-flying offense and he'd probably be a nice fit there.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:20 pm

McCoy has been very impressive all year. He has poise and he doesn't get rattled often. He also has all the tools it takes to be a great QB.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:34 pm

Seriously, going into the season, I just wanted to see Jamaal Charles run the ball, now when he goes in I think "OMG, get his rear out of there!" I was a Snead fan, I hope he stays, but doubt he will. We're supposed to get a stud out of Florida, I doubt he'll stay though. I love McCoy, one of the most humble athletes I've ever seen in front of a microphone. The first words out of his mouth every single time are "I just want to thank God". It's usually a variation of that, but he so frickin humble, it's amazing. I love the return of the old school athlete in college football.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:19 pm

Spence wrote:McCoy has been very impressive all year. He has poise and he doesn't get rattled often. He also has all the tools it takes to be a great QB.

I thought Mack Brown did a good job of keeping the kid calmed down and playing the game yesterday.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:34 pm

I don't know if Mack Brown has a lot to do with that. The cool under pressure thing is something you just have, you can't teach it.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:26 am

I saw Coach Brown pull the kid aside during the early part of the game when Tech was all over the Longhorns and things weren't going so well .... seemed to settle him down a bit. :wink:

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:57 pm

Spence wrote:Not back in terms of the glory seasons, but back in terms of being a viable team. Nebraska has had a solid year so far and they have a real shot at the B-12 championship game, where they will get a rematch with Texas.

Clearly, the Nebraska Cornhuskers are 'better' than in previous years. But, they aren't anywhere near their 'glory' years, at least not yet. They played hard, against Texas, lost in part, because of turnovers. I'm not in position to critique them, but I think good teams don't make mistakes in critical situations, which is exactly what the Nebraska Cornhuskers did. Losing to Oklahoma St isn't necessarily reason to question their talent, but it still suggests they aren't BCS material, yet.
They need to 'close the door' on teams when they can, if they are going to earn my respect. They haven't done that, all season long, IMO.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:05 pm

I think the burnt orange scares the Huskers like the pinstripes scare the Red Sox. For some reason, Texas has just owned Nebraska, even when they were unstoppable, they'd lose to an inferior Texas team.

Colt set the record for most TDs ever thrown in a single season by a Texas QB. Talk about some big shoes to fill too. I am more impressed by him every week. I can't imagine how good he'll be after he grows hair on his chest and his voice drops. He definitely won't be the next Vince Young, but he might be the next Matt Leinart.

Return to “General Discussion”