Upset Week

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:54 pm

Michigan will when, it doesn't matter where they play. We played them in a monsoon which tool away our speed advantage and still beat them. Penn State doesn't have a good O-line and they have a quarterback who makes bad decisions. The Michigan defense could win this one by themselves.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:21 pm

So you don't think any of these can happen?

Nope!

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:45 pm

Spence wrote:Michigan will when, it doesn't matter where they play. We played them in a monsoon which tool away our speed advantage and still beat them. Penn State doesn't have a good O-line and they have a quarterback who makes bad decisions. The Michigan defense could win this one by themselves.

I think Michigan's defense will slack off a little from the get-go and find themsevles in an early 10-0 hole. Connor, Shaw, and Posluzny will cause havoc on Michigan's running game. Henne will have to win this without Manningham, I think the game comes down to how well he plays.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:06 pm

Eric wrote:I think Michigan's defense will slack off a little from the get-go and find themsevles in an early 10-0 hole. Connor, Shaw, and Posluzny will cause havoc on Michigan's running game. Henne will have to win this without Manningham, I think the game comes down to how well he plays.

I don't think Michigan's defense will slack off at all. Michigan will shut down the run and dare Morelli to beat them, he can't.

I think your right about Henne, though, how well the Michigan offense plays will have to do with how well he responds to the crowd situation. Happy Valley will be a zoo tomorrow. If Henne keeps his composure and doesn't throw a bunch of picks, Michigan will win easy. Penn State has Posluzny playing out of position. The Penn State D will be aggressive and the Michigan offense will hit the screen to Hart all day. Adrian Arrington will pick up Maningham's slack.

Penn State's O-line will lose the battle of the trenches. It isn't going to be a close game. Not close at all.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:42 am

Got your message from Fantasy Sports BruinBlue ....... I accepted the bet for 100 CFP Bucks and took the Ducks over the Bruins.

Enjoy the game. 8)

By the way, I see you may be a little short on CFP Bucks ....... I'll take an IOU, but if you don't cover I'll have a couple of the boys from South Philly pay you a visit. You'll recognize them right away. They will be the ones in silk suits. :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:34 pm

Looks like Vandy did it! :D

I'm not going to say I predicted these upsets, but I will say that Iowa was terribly overrated and they were ripe for an upset, but I didn't think it would come against Indiana :shock:

And I did think that Vanderbilt was due to upset somebody, but I didn't think it would come against Georgia :shock:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:47 pm

A tip of the long-neck and cheers to you and the Commodores, TDDVandy. :wink:

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:12 pm

NO DOUBT. I actually thought Georgia's lack of offense would keep the game close, but I guess Vandy had other plans.

Indiana who? Whhhhooooosiers! Wow! What an upset. It's not like Iowa just didn't score, but Indiana just outscored em.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:20 pm

Iowa was vastly overrated coming into the game, but Indiana is Indiana. As in they're a team that got beat by Southern Illinois and lost to a pretty sad UConn team.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:44 pm

now then, if only duke would whoop the nols...my team wouldn't be lookin so bad :lol:

:shock: sorry billybud!!!

Return to “General Discussion”