Florida ....Best team in the sec no doubt

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:45 pm

Tennessee. When they meet UT in the championship game, it should be one heck of a battle. FSU could possibly derail their national championship hopes if they can pull it together at the end of the season. Keep in mind strange stuff happens to rivalry games in college football...
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:22 pm

Welcome Tiger25, I believe that if Florida can run through the schedule they have this year, and be undefeated, that there is no argument that anyone could give me to keep them out of the championship game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:33 pm

Tennesse and Florida can not meet in the SEC championship game. They are both in the SEC East.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:44 pm

I forgot to mention too that Florida does look very good. The best in the SEC.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:06 pm

Eric wrote:Tennessee. When they meet UT in the championship game, it should be one heck of a battle. FSU could possibly derail their national championship hopes if they can pull it together at the end of the season. Keep in mind strange stuff happens to rivalry games in college football...

Uhhh...Florida would not meet Tenn in the CCG. 8)

They would meet a team from the west. Which will probably still be Auburn. Maybe. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:08 pm

fluiddude wrote:I can't see FSU knocking off Florida so they only real obstacle left for them is Auburn; if Georgia pulls out an upset, I'll eat a hat (just not the one with the "O" on it). Tennesee has to get past Arkansas and LSU...kinda hard to predict those outcomes yet; but I'd wager on either Ark or the Vols emerging on top at this point.

I dont think Florida would have a problem with FSU, this year, but it is a rivalry game, so talent is out the door.

HOWEVER, even if they were to lose to FSU, it would NOT affect the conference, only the NCG if they are #2 when they lose.

My 2 cents. 8)

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:12 am

Rivalry Games, geeeeez, .... who knows who's going to win ..... strange things have happened .... especially in college football. :roll:

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:18 am

IN THE SEC EAST:
The SEC in the East is pretty clear, it's all about Florida really.
Florida plays Auburn next, the game is important to Auburn, but not as much to Florida. Florida can lose to Auburn, and as long as they beat Georgia, and South Carolina will still go to the SEC CCG. Having beat Tennessee earlier in the season.
Here's where the east could get interesting.
If Florida beats Auburn, and South Carolina, but loses to Georgia it will be an out, and out mess. That would leave Tennessee beat Georgia, but Georgia beat Florida, and Florida beat Tennessee. Quite a Cluster.

If Florida beats Georgia, but loses to South Carolina, and Auburn, then Tennessee represents the East.

Georgia would need to beat Florida, and Tennessee would have to lose.

A few other teams aren't mathematically eliminated, but realistically close enough.

Florida can seal its ride to the CCG with a win over Auburn this coming Saturday, and by beating Georgia two weeks later after a bye week.

IN THE SEC WEST:
In the West it's Arkansas who holds the reigns, but they have 5 conference games left, leaving quite a bit open to discussion. If you concede the Ole Miss, and Mississippi St. games for the purpose of furthering this discussion, we'll proceed.

For Auburn to represent the SEC West. Arkansas would have to lose two of three with Tennessee, LSU, and South Carolina. Not to mention Auburn still has Florida this coming Saturday. If Auburn doesn't win then, Arkansas would have to drop all three of these games.

For LSU to go to the CCG. It would need Arkansas to drop all three, and it would have to beat Tennessee, and Auburn would need to lose to Florida, and Georgia.

If Arkansas loses all three, LSU loses to Tennessee, and Auburn loses to Florida, and Georgia then it could get quite ugly with Auburn beating LSU who beat Arkansas who beat Auburn, and all at 3 losses. The cluster could happen at 2 losses if LSU beat Arkansas, and Tennessee, Arkansas then dropped a game to either Tennessee or South Carolina, and Auburn lost to Florida.

Again there are mathematical chances for other teams here, but not realistic.

Arkansas basically has to drop two before it gets interesting, and realistically if they only win one of the three games, and take care of business against the Mississippi teams they should represent the west. Realistically, they could lock up the west on Nov. 4th with a win over South Carolina, and mathematically seal it Nov. 18th with a win over Mississippi st, which leaves a lot of time for things to change.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:17 am

Derek wrote:
Eric wrote:Tennessee. When they meet UT in the championship game, it should be one heck of a battle. FSU could possibly derail their national championship hopes if they can pull it together at the end of the season. Keep in mind strange stuff happens to rivalry games in college football...

Uhhh...Florida would not meet Tenn in the CCG. 8)

They would meet a team from the west. Which will probably still be Auburn. Maybe. :lol:

Aaaaaah, thanks Derek :oops:

That had meant to say Auburn but I went along with it and put UT again in there. :oops:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:39 am

I love that Arkansas is in control of their own destiny. If they win they are in...they do not have to rely on any other team to get in.

However, the Hogs have played in two SEC championship games in the past 10 years or so. The Hogs won the west in 2002 and played Georgia in the Georgia dome. I was at the game and it was nasty. The final was 30-3. Then in the mid to late 1990's they made it to the championship game and played Florida. It was nasty as well. The Hogs only scored 3 points in that game and lost their star running back on the first drive of the game. I would like for the Hogs to make it the championship game and have a better showing then the last two.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:09 pm

Vileborg wrote:IN THE SEC EAST:
The SEC in the East is pretty clear, it's all about Florida really.
Florida plays Auburn next, the game is important to Auburn, but not as much to Florida. Florida can lose to Auburn, and as long as they beat Georgia, and South Carolina will still go to the SEC CCG. Having beat Tennessee earlier in the season.
Here's where the east could get interesting.
If Florida beats Auburn, and South Carolina, but loses to Georgia it will be an out, and out mess. That would leave Tennessee beat Georgia, but Georgia beat Florida, and Florida beat Tennessee. Quite a Cluster.

If Florida beats Georgia, but loses to South Carolina, and Auburn, then Tennessee represents the East.

Georgia would need to beat Florida, and Tennessee would have to lose.

A few other teams aren't mathematically eliminated, but realistically close enough.

Florida can seal its ride to the CCG with a win over Auburn this coming Saturday, and by beating Georgia two weeks later after a bye week.

IN THE SEC WEST:
In the West it's Arkansas who holds the reigns, but they have 5 conference games left, leaving quite a bit open to discussion. If you concede the Ole Miss, and Mississippi St. games for the purpose of furthering this discussion, we'll proceed.

For Auburn to represent the SEC West. Arkansas would have to lose two of three with Tennessee, LSU, and South Carolina. Not to mention Auburn still has Florida this coming Saturday. If Auburn doesn't win then, Arkansas would have to drop all three of these games.

For LSU to go to the CCG. It would need Arkansas to drop all three, and it would have to beat Tennessee, and Auburn would need to lose to Florida, and Georgia.

If Arkansas loses all three, LSU loses to Tennessee, and Auburn loses to Florida, and Georgia then it could get quite ugly with Auburn beating LSU who beat Arkansas who beat Auburn, and all at 3 losses. The cluster could happen at 2 losses if LSU beat Arkansas, and Tennessee, Arkansas then dropped a game to either Tennessee or South Carolina, and Auburn lost to Florida.

Again there are mathematical chances for other teams here, but not realistic.

Arkansas basically has to drop two before it gets interesting, and realistically if they only win one of the three games, and take care of business against the Mississippi teams they should represent the west. Realistically, they could lock up the west on Nov. 4th with a win over South Carolina, and mathematically seal it Nov. 18th with a win over Mississippi st, which leaves a lot of time for things to change.

Uhh.....My head is now spinning... 8)

I cant see Florida losing to Georgia just because of the history of this, and the fact that Jacksonville is NOT neutral territory. The odds do not favor GA for several reasons, not to mention that the much vaunted GA D, that will most likely fall apart because of poor coaching, would suggest a blowout if they dont "show up".

This three way triangle happened in 2003 when GA lost to LSU in the CCG. (GA beat Tenn, Tenn beat Florida, Florida beat GA)

So stranger things have happened.

- John Madden

..fanaticjr
All-American
All-American

Postby ..fanaticjr » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:25 pm

My prediction for the SEC Championship:

Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt :lol:

My actual prediction:

Florida vs. Auburn

Arkansas is looking good right now, but they have to play at South Carolina and at home against Tennessee and LSU. Auburn has to play at home against Florida and Georgia, but I say Auburn will beat Georgia. Then there's those two loss teams, LSU, Alabama, and Mississippi. I say LSU loses to Tennessee. Alabama has to play at Tennessee and at LSU. Then they have to play at home against Auburn. Mississippi has to play at Arkansas, Auburn, and LSU. They also have to play at home against Auburn. So here is how I think Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Alabama, and Mississippi will end up in conference play:

Auburn: 6-2
LSU: 5-3
Arkansas: 5-3
Alabama: 3-5
Mississippi: 2-6
Go Hokies!

Return to “General Discussion”