Auburn Fans...let me hear the excuses...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:26 pm

McFadden is very impressive, Dossenator.

Big Time runner for sure. He's big, strong, quick, fast, changes directions well, has good balance and runs with power. 8)

How would you like to spend your Saturday afternoons tackling that rascal? :shock:

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:31 pm

I don't know if you saw the Ark vs Bama game...but there were a couple of times when McFadden would push a pile 2 or 3 extra yard with his power...he has the speed...he cuts back. He gives the Hogs a good chance of winning every week. F. Jones is a nice change of pace back that comes in for extra speed. He hits the outside well and when the screen pass is set up well he is almost unstopable. I think in a few years we will see McFadden running on Sundays.

I do worry about when a team is able to shut the running down...or at least slow it down. Having a young QB and all. However, every week that passes M. Mustain gets more experience, more confidence, and learns the offense a little better. I still do not want him to have to do more then he is ready for. There will come a time this year though where the outcome of a game may rest on his young shoulders.

I want to see Auburn face another strong running team to see how good their run defense is. If they can stop a couple of good running teams then I will think this victory was even more impressive.

This victory did help USC in a couple of ways. They will move up in the polls. And more importantly it will help them in the BCS. Their win at Arkansas, right now anyway, looks good since that is Arkansas only loss. Michigan and Florida should also move about Auburn in the standings as well.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:45 pm

Dossenator wrote:I do worry about when a team is able to shut the running down...or at least slow it down. Having a young QB and all. However, every week that passes M. Mustain gets more experience, more confidence, and learns the offense a little better. I still do not want him to have to do more then he is ready for. There will come a time this year though where the outcome of a game may rest on his young shoulders.

Yep, and you can bet that teams will try and stop the running game of the Razorbacks and make Mustain beat them, but it's like you say, he's getting better every week. :wink:

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:50 pm

I don't even think we have any Auburn fans on here, do we? Nice win btw for Ark.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:52 pm

There is a couple. They were out making posts last week. One is named Auburn63.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:57 pm

Oh, right. Man, I used to know everyone on here and now I can hardly keep up.

Guess that's a good thing, though! I didn't even realize we there was a fellow Hokie on here until like... last week.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:20 pm

Dossenator wrote:I don't know if you saw the Ark vs Bama game...but there were a couple of times when McFadden would push a pile 2 or 3 extra yard with his power...he has the speed...he cuts back. He gives the Hogs a good chance of winning every week. F. Jones is a nice change of pace back that comes in for extra speed. He hits the outside well and when the screen pass is set up well he is almost unstopable. I think in a few years we will see McFadden running on Sundays.

I do worry about when a team is able to shut the running down...or at least slow it down. Having a young QB and all. However, every week that passes M. Mustain gets more experience, more confidence, and learns the offense a little better. I still do not want him to have to do more then he is ready for. There will come a time this year though where the outcome of a game may rest on his young shoulders.

I want to see Auburn face another strong running team to see how good their run defense is. If they can stop a couple of good running teams then I will think this victory was even more impressive.

This victory did help USC in a couple of ways. They will move up in the polls. And more importantly it will help them in the BCS. Their win at Arkansas, right now anyway, looks good since that is Arkansas only loss. Michigan and Florida should also move about Auburn in the standings as well.

Someone else used to carry a couple of defenders for a few extra yards also....I think you know who im talking about.

That's how impressed I was with McFadden.

He won the Heisman in 82 if you dont know who im talking about.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:05 am

I know exactly who you are talking about. McFadden is on most of the so called experts Heisman watch list. Ark has to continue to win for him to be considered (and he has to continue to perform). I think next year he will start the year as one of the top 5 contenders for the Heisman.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:07 am

Hey, Derek, he wouldn't be that guy between Tarkenton and Ward would he? :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:12 am

He was an all right player. :wink: Kind of a speed, power back. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:45 am

We've all been there, Auburn63.

Hang in there, get healed up, and we'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:27 am

Auburn63....the Tigers will bounce back from this loss. The Hogs got creamed by USC in game one of their season and have won 4 straight. I feel pretty good right now. It only takes a few wins to make you forget about the loss. I know how you feel though. When the Razorbacks lose my whole week seems a little empty.

rolltide. That is hilarious about the refs not letting the game flow. Arkansas has to deal with this often. Well not the last two seasons because they were not winning. But in previous years the Hogs would win a few big games and it was always luck, or the other team was tired, or the other team was banged up (every team it), or something else. It was never that Arkansas played a better game, etc. Yes, many factors go into a team winning a game, but at the end of the day the only thing that will be remembered is the final score.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:31 pm

Auburn63 wrote:I’m sure many of you are waiting for a response to the game. Like most of you college football is a sport I am very passionate about and most specifically my team. When I come to terms with it I’ll be ready to respond and debate. For now I leave it with this.

Arkansas played well and we did not.

That is the best response. Losses like that happen, they happen to every team, and they really hurt. Nothing can change what happened, you just hope the team fixes the problems and goes on. That is the mark of a good program.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:44 pm

rolltide wrote:Take it easy Auburn63, they can bounce back next week against Florida. I am not giving Auburn a hard time, just reporting what I saw and saying that the D was suspect all along, but no one seemed to notice. Alabama is looking kinda shabby right now, so I know how it is.

Babs- If you like tradition and all that, you might like Alabama. First southern team to beat a major northern power (Penn) and it goes from there. some great stories...

Bama has one of the great traditions in all of CFB.

Return to “General Discussion”