The undefeateds

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:52 pm

It doesn't take much to get the pot boiling for the game. This year looks like it will be in full boil. That is how we like it.

The cool thing about the game is that it is usually a really good game no matter what the records of the team. What makes this game so great is that the team that loses has no chance to redeem themselves. Lose that game and your done. There is no next week. You could be undefeated and on top of the world and you lose, there goes your NC hopes, there goes you conference title hopes, it is all gone. It always has been this way. Some years their is more on the line, some years there is less. but it is always for something more then pride for at least one team.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:23 pm

Penn State is a better team at Happy Valley and you guys have to take into consideration the revenge factor of the clock, as I think Jason G said in a different post. It will be a close game no matter who wins, and I will pick Penn State.

Anybody, do you think if Michigan finishes 10-2 (which I do), with a loss at the end to OSU, they will get a BCS bid? I really hope they do!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:21 pm

Eric wrote:Penn State is a better team at Happy Valley and you guys have to take into consideration the revenge factor of the clock, as I think Jason G said in a different post. It will be a close game no matter who wins, and I will pick Penn State.

Anybody, do you think if Michigan finishes 10-2 (which I do), with a loss at the end to OSU, they will get a BCS bid? I really hope they do!

Seeing as how there are more at-large BCS bids. I think Michigan would get it. But I cant think of any team besides Boise State that would deserve a at-large bid so far, so that would leave some extra one's for teams like Michigan and the loser of the SEC champinoship game, and even Louiseville when the lose to WVU... 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:41 pm

I am not sure Michigan would get the bid if they go 10-2 or 11-1 and lose to Ohio State. Michigan doesn't travel as well as some other big time teams. The do good in tv ratings and that is a consideration. I think this year given the power in the SEC, that an SEC team would be most likely to get two teams into the BCS.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:56 pm

Oregon is a much better team than that score reflected. They've got a very good offense, and I'll take them over USC any day. California has been the hottest team in the country, since it's opening day loss to Tennessee.
I was on the Rutgers band wagon until I saw them play. They are pretty one dimensional, and if any team jumps out on them they won't be able to recover. They have probably one of the best, if not the best, running tandem in college football in Leonard & Rice. However, their quarterback seemed to struggle, and not be able to get off key passes with any kind of accuracy. Leonard & Rice are carrying this offense on their backs. Impressive as their efforts have been, it won't be enough against a well balanced potent offense. I guess we will find out when Pitt stacks 11 in the box.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:49 pm

Spence wrote:I am not sure Michigan would get the bid if they go 10-2 or 11-1 and lose to Ohio State. Michigan doesn't travel as well as some other big time teams. The do good in tv ratings and that is a consideration. I think this year given the power in the SEC, that an SEC team would be most likely to get two teams into the BCS.

I need to clarify my point. Boise State is the only "non-BCS" team that I think deserves to even be considered for an at-large bid. I re-read my post and saw that I worded it wrong.

I think Michigan can sometimes benefit from having great programs from the past. They seem to be a solid team this year, and if OSU is their only loss from here on out, I can see them getting it. It would be hard not to offer it to them with only one loss to the #1 ranked team, if Michigan loses.

Maybe im wrong.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:56 pm

Well, at this rate, what do your guys's BCS projections look like? Here's what I've got so far:

Rose Bowl:
Cal vs. Michigan

Fiesta Bowl:
USC vs. Texas

Sugar Bowl:
Tennessee vs. West Virginia

Orange Bowl:
Louisville vs. Clemson/Georgia Tech

BCS Championship:
Florida vs. Ohio State

I'm a little shaky on that Florida pick, but if they go to Auburn and win, I would have to assume that they are in the NC game. The team looks too good to be stopped so far.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:31 am

Well, let's just keep in mind that in 2004, a better Boise State team than what we have now and a much worse San Jose State team than we have now lost to them in double OT 49-56. Some odd stuff can happen in the WAC....

Return to “General Discussion”