So............Close......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

So............Close......

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:12 pm

Is it just me, or has this week just totally drug on?

I'm ready for some Saturday Pigskin!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:23 pm

I have to wait a week =[ Stupid freakin' byes. I'd curse but the word censor would cut it out anyways, so I guess it's pointless.

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:17 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean, openSkies. I can't stand bye weeks :x

Although, if you look on the bright side, it does give a team a chance to relax a bit and get healthy for next week.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:37 pm

At this point, a month-long break couldn't help my team haha.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:48 pm

I wish GA had a bye week before facing Tenn.....We do not have a bye week until the last game of the season against Georgia Tech. :cry:

That cant help things.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:57 pm

Ohio State scheduled Bowling Green in their bye week.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:30 pm

That is like a bye week for Ohio State considering how good the Buckeyes are and how bad the Falcons are :roll:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:47 pm

That is why Tressel busted them in practice this week. All week long the players have been saying that the coaches were working them like this was camp. :shock: I hope the have something left for the game. :lol:

Tressel is trying to make sure no one gets lazy. It is going to be a tough couple of weeks in practice for Ohio State. They are going to keep pushing this defense until the start making some of those open field tackles and the linebackers learn to get off their gap assignments and go make a play. :wink:

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:55 pm

Yeah, it's good that Tressel does that. Ohio State can't take their foot off of the gas pedal yet. If they can't focus against Bowling Green it could carry over to next week against Michigan State. Ohio State has an eaaaaaaaaaasy ride into the Michigan game. I mean, the final scores from here on out will become laughable.

Bowling Green? Michigan State? Northwestern? Indiana? Illinois? Minnesota?

Come to think about it, maybe they can afford to slack off a bit :lol:

I think Tressel deserves some more recognition as one of the best coaches in the country. He is rarely mentioned in that conversation, at least from what I have heard. I always hear about Pete Carroll, Charlie Weis, Bob Stoops, etc. Not that they aren't deserving, I just think Tressel needs a little more love (he's not getting any from me though :lol: )

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:42 pm

Yeah, Ohio State hit the meat of their schedule early. The ride in is less then great. Still Minnesota and Michigan St. could still make some noise. If Michigan State can recover from the Ringer loss and quit being such head cases, they have decent talent. You just never know what your going to get. Minnesota can give anyone a game at any time. They aren't good enough to put anything together, but a turnover here and a interception there and they could win.

Tressel is an excellent game coach and an excellent recruiter. He doesn't have the ego of some of the other great coaches out there. His coaching style is ball control and that isn't flashy enough to win much praise. He is kind of like Woody, we won't really know what we have until 20-25 years down the road when he is gone. Woody's coaching style was hammered every season from the day he got to Ohio State until the day he got fired. Then everyone realized how good a coach he was, but he was gone.

Return to “General Discussion”