Top 25 poll

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Top 25 poll

Postby Spence » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:52 pm

Looking at the votes these first two weeks, I think we really have the best group of voters this year. People do not seem to be using the other polls as a base. People seem to be voting their honest opinions. I think this year so far has been the best, most honest poll we have had. Thanks to all the guys who vote and do such a nice job. Keep it up.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

wvjohn
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: Top 25 poll

Postby wvjohn » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

That's deep Spence, thank you. :P :mrgreen:
Big 12

FEAR NONE RESPECT ALL

IT IS A GREAT DAY TO BE A MOUNTAINEER WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:05 pm

wvjohn wrote:That's deep Spence, thank you. :P :mrgreen:

I was looking at the differences in the voting. It is very cool to have them. You can look and understand the justification for the teams even though they are so different. I like independent honest voting. I don't see anyone holding teams back because of bias against a team. The teams get closer as the season moves on, as they should, but at this point they are very different individually and the over all result is pretty good IMO.

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 am

Noticed Ohio State nowhere in the top 25 or receiving votes, but I had them 18th on my ballot. Just wondering if it was an accidental leave-behind or if you made an 'executive decision'? :)
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:47 am

It think it is justified to rank based on the body of work this year, that would be two games. With that said, it is just a roll of the dice, too early to know. I think the reason the mainstream media ranks teams based on previous years as well as on the current games is because it is in their best interest.

I think polls should reflect where they stand now, not how the voter thinks the year will end. So many variables and different approaches.

As for Spence...He is the OSU greatest supporter and greatest critic. That's what I think.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Greatest critic or not I still think OSU is a top 25 team. The major tests left for them are Cincinnati and MSU. I don't think it's out of the question for them to go at least 9-3.

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:41 pm

I've got a pretty big queue near the end of my poll. Clemson, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Pitt, and maybe Duke. Ohio State didn't look terrible in that loss, but they had plenty of holes exposed. I would agree with you, Vileborg, that they'll probably end up winning 9 games this year. I think Penn State and Michigan State could be the two losses. We all know it will be impossible for Michigan to beat them :roll:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:57 pm

I think they may go 9-3 also...but I am voting today on what has happened in two games..not what I think may happen.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:04 pm

..fanatic wrote:Noticed Ohio State nowhere in the top 25 or receiving votes, but I had them 18th on my ballot. Just wondering if it was an accidental leave-behind or if you made an 'executive decision'? :)

No, I put them in like it said. I don't know why they didn't show up. I guess it only takes so many mentionables. I don't mess with the vote at all. Unless I make a mistake, I put them in just like you vote.

Return to “General Discussion”