Fantasy Conference: Score Board

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Fantasy Conference: Score Board

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:30 am

With the exception of Miami & ECU who played on Thursday Night, everyone of my teams is in competition today.

Spence, on the other hand, has four teams who have the week off, Highfly, Eric & Warrriorsfan808 all with 3, Donovan having 2.

Donovan, with the way our conferences played last week, this could be a disaster. One of us is gonna get stung when Stanford & Oregon State face off. I'm not sold on Texas San-Antonio's prospects on winning against UTEP. Whereas Washington will be up against a momentous Arizona State.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:21 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:With the exception of Miami & ECU who played on Thursday Night, everyone of my teams is in competition today.

Spence, on the other hand, has four teams who have the week off, Highfly, Eric & Warrriorsfan808 all with 3, Donovan having 2.

Donovan, with the way our conferences played last week, this could be a disaster. One of us is gonna get stung when Stanford & Oregon State face off. I'm not sold on Texas San-Antonio's prospects on winning against UTEP. Whereas Washington will be up against a momentous Arizona State.

And I was hot too. Darn.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:26 am

Highfly, what seemed as though we were all out to pasture, watching Eric ride off into the sunset; by scoring 1 point more, you have achieved the impossible, overtaking first place --- last week you were a half point behind, whereas this week, you are now a half point in the overall lead.

Eric, it finally happened --- you were out to such a stride, it didn't look as though anyone would be able to catch you --- Highfly proved that to be inaccurate as he scored a full point more than you this past week --- you now sit in 2cnd place, just behind by .5 , while maintaining 3 point lead on Spence in 3rd.

Spence, 3 points was not enough to close in on Eric who scored 4 & a half --- more so over, Highfly scoring 5.5 put some distance between you and himself --- and even though you hold your 3rd place position, Warrriorsfan comes from 5 points behind you, to 2.5 back.

Warriorsfan808, you change your position up by 1 placement, scoring 5.5 points this past week, you scored 2.5 more than Spence, closing the gap on 3rd place --- you also leaped ahead of me by a half point, pinning me back into 5th place --- and although you trail Eric in 2cnd by 5.5 , you scored 1 more point than he, while you scored the same amount of points as Highfly, so you do not fall any further behind of 1rst.

Two weeks ago tied for 2cnd place; last week a tumble into 4th; this week, 5th place is my residency --- [_I_] managed to score a half point more than Donovan in 6th place, as Warrriorsfan jumps in front of me moving from 1 point behind, to a half point margin ahead --- [_I_] did close from 4 points behind Spence to 3 points back, however, the season is wearing down, and clinging to a possible move on 3rd place doesn't make for an exciting end.

Donovan, your West Virginia team defeated my Oklahoma State, but, my Stanford team beat your Oregon State, meaning we simply canceled each other out --- from there you scrounged up a 3.5 score for this phase, bringing in a half point more than only Spence --- to surmise; you got a half of a point closer to 3rd place, while falling 2 points back from 4th, and .5 more behind 5th place.

1rst --- Highfly = 41 --- [last week 35.5]
2cnd --- Eric = 40.5 --- [last week 36]
3rd --- Spence = 37.5 --- [last week 34.5]
4th --- Warriorsfan808 = 35 --- [last week 29.5]
5th --- Cane = 34.5 --- [last week 30.5]
6th --- Donovan = 30.5 --- [last week 27]

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 am

Gonna be another late week this next scoring phase.
The MAC decided mid week is a good time to play.

Tuesday, Nov. 4
8:00 PM Bowling Green @ Akron [espn2]
8:00 PM Toledo @ Kent State [espnU]

Wednesday, Nov. 5
8:00 PM Northern Illinois @ Ball State [espn2]
8:00 PM Buffalo @ Ohio [espnU]

They apparently feel as though competing with themselves in the same time block makes a lot of sense, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 of the 8 above mentioned teams are in participants' conferences; interestingly enough, all 5 are in a different participant's conference.

Don't worry Donovan:

--- times of course are listed as eastern standard time ---

Which means, being 3 hours ahead, you will be able to go out for your early bird Senior Denny's Special, and still make it home in time to see the end of these games.

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:10 am

I don't think I can keep pace going forward, especially with Highfly considering he has Marshall and Florida State. This Michigan team is going to cost me not only my sanity, but this contest :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:56 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:.

Donovan, your West Virginia team defeated my Oklahoma State, but, my Stanford team beat your Oregon State, meaning we simply canceled each other out --- from there you scrounged up a 3.5 score for this phase, bringing in a half point more than only Spence --- to surmise; you got a half of a point closer to 3rd place, while falling 2 points back from 4th, and .5 more behind 5th place.

5th --- Cane = 32.5 --- [last week 28.5]

With this reasoning, I am sure there is a very high paying job awaiting you in President Obama's administation...or maybe you have been working there all along....hmm...think that well may be the case.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:45 pm

donovan wrote:

With this reasoning, I am sure there is a very high paying job awaiting you in President Obama's administation...or maybe you have been working there all along....hmm...think that well may be the case.

I guess that would make me John Boehner then, huh. :lol:

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:50 pm

Spence wrote:
donovan wrote:

I guess that would make me John Boehner then, huh. :lol:

Yes
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:58 pm

donovan wrote:

This is the resume` I am sending in to espn .

Cane... [__]

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Might play leap frog at the top a couple more times before this is settled. Need a couple of teams to stay on the upswing after rough Septembers. I have FSU and L'ville tho so could hand the lead right back over.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Although, if Louisville were to win, you would get the bonus .5 for a victory over CCR Top 15 team --- as such, you would still get a full point for the game. :wink:

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Not looking good this week, for myself.

Two teams I've been leaning on, ECU & UCF, both lost games they should have won today.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:53 am

Spence, from the brink of disaster, to the pinnacle of success --- just a few of weeks ago, you had fallen as far as 5th place, now, with a week 10 score of 8.5, you spring up into 1rst place --- last week, you trailed Eric in 2cnd place by 3 and Highfly in 1rst place by 3.5; this week, you hold the lead over Eric by a half point, and Highfly now trails in 3rd by 3 & a half.

Eric, the good news is, you managed to jump back ahead of Highfly after your scoring 5 points in week 10; the bad news is, that was just good enough to maintain your 2cnd place position --- with Spence having the best score of this phase, he was able to leapfrog over you, and take 1rst all to himself --- another note; Alabama vs LSU showcases two of your teams pitted squarely against each other this weekend --- best case scenario for you, is to see LSU win, so you can get the full 1 point from the game.

Highfly, having Ole Miss lose to Auburn really hurt; with both teams in the CCR Top 15, that win would have been a 2 point shift the other way --- this week was a down week for your conference, bringing in just a point & a half for the phase --- I guess the upside, is that if their is any indication that has been apparent this season, is that your being only 3 points behind 2cnd & 3.5 behind 1rst, keeps you far from being out of things, as one week could make the difference.

Warrriorsfan808, week 10 was certainly the right time to have a 6.5 scoring phase --- last week you were 6 points behind 1rst & 5.5 points behind 2cnd place; this week you sit just 4.5 behind 1rst, 4 points in back of 2cnd, and a mere 1 point behind 3rd --- Auburn beating Ole Miss gave you a 2 point swing on Highfly, who you now threaten to pass by, should you have another solid week such as this past one.

A half point; not a single, but just a fraction of a whole ~ yes, [_I_] managed to pull together half of a win this week --- the guy ahead of me, was ahead of me by precisely a half point, last week --- this week, the guy ahead of me is now 5.5 ahead, and [_I_] seem to just keep finding ways to drift on backwards --- yep, [_I_] was 1 loss away from being tied with the guy behind me.

Donovan, 1 point separates you from myself --- and, if you read how well my week went, that is just about all you would need to maneuver into 5th place (well, that, and ... a half point), assuming my teams continue to perform so admirably --- yet, another quib filled week, as, you infact gain ground on 5th place by 3 points & 3rd place by 2 points; you slip further behind 4th place from 3.5 to 7.5 away --- being 11 & 12 points out of first, respectively; [_I_] do not believe either of us have much of a chance to catch the lead (lest something truly remarkable should befall our post season appearances) --- at this juncture, even 3rd place is starting to not look particularly viable.

1rst --- Spence = 46 --- [last week 37.5]
2cnd --- Eric = 45.5 --- [last week 40.5]
3rd --- Highfly = 42.5 --- [last week 41]
4th --- Warriorsfan808 = 41.5 --- [last week 35]
5th --- Cane = 35 --- [last week 34.5]
6th --- Donovan = 34 --- [last week 30.5]

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:17 am

--- note ---

When totaling up Week 10's scores, I have found an error from 2 weeks ago, where I had miscalculated my own points.

I went back and edited in the correct point totals ... all text in this font color marks a correction made.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:05 pm

I must say that I am starting to like this game again.

Return to “General Discussion”