Fantasy Conference: Score Board

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Fantasy Conference: Score Board

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Eric wrote:Michigan might be the death of me :lol:

Well, second place is Highfly, and he's got Ball State to nullify the woes of your Michigan's perils.

True, the Wolverines are having a less than appreciable year. However, you have them as your 9th round pick, and, I would say, that are living up to the expectations a 9th round choice would bring.

Arizona, on-the-other-hand, certainly is exceeding a 10th round acquisition.

Last years at this time, we were looking back to 2012 and saying, Auburn & Missouri, really ... none of us having chosen either team.

This time around, we are looking back to 2013, with Arkansas & Mississippi State inspiring our face palm-head shakes, saying, I could have had that team instead of (................).

Even NC State looks significantly more impressive than several others I patted myself on the back for taking ...

C'est la vie

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:16 am

Managing to hold desperately onto first place, Eric, in a week where every one of his teams played a game, scores a mere 1.5 this phase --- to give contrast, had Arizona lost, Eric would have gotten a minus half point leaving him in 4th --- however, with the bonus half point for the win over Oregon, Eric maintains a full 1 point lead over second place.

With a six & a half point scoring phase [the highest total this week], Donovan jumps from 5th place, all the way into 2cnd, with a o.5 margin ahead of 3rd --- to boot, both Missouri & Washington had the week off, Donovan's only CCP Ranked team [BYU] lost, and Donovan was the only participant to not have one of his teams hold a victory over a Top 15 opponent --- yet, he still jumped past Highfly, and is turning up the pressure on Eric.

Highfly, pulling in only 2 points this week, finally loses his grip on 2cnd place and slips down one position. At 25 points in total, Highfly is only a half point shy of Donovan's 2cnd place score --- though, Warrriorsfan is catching up, now only 2 points behind.

Warrriorsfan808 brought in 5 points, and the second highest total of this past scoring phase. Now in 4th behind Highfly, he pulls within a half point of second place, and sits just 3.5 back from Eric in first.

Spence, raking in only 2 points, falls back to 5th place. With Warrriorsfan having a 5 point week, and moving from 5th, to being out in front of Spence by 1 point --- on the positive side, scoring the same amount of points, Spence did not lose any ground from Highfly's total, and he actually made up a half point on Eric in first place --- in a similar circumstance with Eric, you needed Arizona State's win over USC [+1.5] to score any points this week --- had the Sun Devils lost, the negative half point would have offset ND's win over Stanford [giving you 0 for the week]

Amazing how things change with a little momentum swing. On Saturday, [_I_] had 7 teams with a lead at one point or another; two of those were games with a lead over CCP Top 15 teams. When all was settled, and the smoke had cleared away; [_I_] somehow came up with a total of 3 points --- one of my teams [Michigan State] squeaked out a victory over #13 Nebraska, scoring a 1.5 in my favor [meaning the rest of my conference scored a total of 1.5 combined out of 9 games] --- [_I_] again close the distance between Spence and myself by 1 --- however Warrriorsfan created some space for himself, by accumulating 2 more points this phase than did [_I_].

1rst --- Eric = 26.5
2cnd --- Donovan = 25.5
3rd --- Highfly = 25
4th --- Warriorsfan808 = 23
5th --- Spence = 22
6th --- Cane = 18

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:23 am

Yes, Donovan, that really just did happen ... you are in fact in 2cnd place.

Even should Central Florida get the win over BYU tomorrow night; that minus half point would only bring you into a 3 way tie for 2cnd place.

As well --- UCF winning, would still see me in 6th place, trailing 2.5 behind Spence.

Cane... [__]

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:50 am

North Carolina has looked really bad this year. Looking at their schedule they will be lucky to get 2 more wins, that was an awful pick. I think I got ahead of myself and was looking at their basketball projections. Ball State is not much better but I am holding out hope they can get some things done in conference play. I think the smoke and mirrors have been revealed, doesn't diminish the fun of the season tho.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:36 am

This is what I think of my score thus far :evil: :evil:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:53 am

I'm thinking things are looking up....as it should be....
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:19 pm

I think the fix is in.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:41 pm

You see, this is what happens when you have officiating from a state without a duck on its flag ...

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:50 pm

That is what Beaver fans always remind duck fans.....No duck on the Oregon Sate flag....

They're lobbying though.....Swoosh and a Duck

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:14 pm

Yes, I'm sure Knight's special interests have something to do with all of that.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Results will be in the middle of the week again [next week, too].

Spence's UL-Lafayette will have Tuesday night games, over the next two weeks.

I have otherwise got the rest of the scores calculated

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:32 am

Eric, things are still looking good for you, as you continue to distance yourself from most of the rest of the pack --- scoring 7 points this last week, you brought in the second most points, and are the first to crack past the 30 point barrier --- where you were just 1 point ahead of 2cnd place last scoring phase, you are now in a commanding 6 point lead.

Highfly, with two & a half points scored, you slipped o.5 behind Warriorsfan --- yet, you did move forward in your placing, as you are now tied with me for 2cnd.

What can [_I_] say; this is simply the phase [_I_] have been waiting for --- [_I_] had nine of my teams play this past week, and with USC beating #13 Arizona, my group pulled in a score of 9.5 --- yep, all of my teams won, plus [_I_] benefited from a bonus half point --- [_I_] was propelled from a miserable last place, to being tied with Highfly for 2cnd --- also, [_I_] was the only participant that made up any ground on Eric, bringing in 2.5 more than he --- now if [_I_] could just see more weeks like this.

Spence, though you lost some ground [2 points] on first place, you did manage to pull in 5 points this week --- though, you are yet in 4th, with 27 total points, you sit a mere half point behind the 2cnd place tie, shared by myself & Highfly.

Warriorsfan808, although Eric widened his gap by scoring 4 more points than you this week, with 3 points accumulated for this phase, it gave you just enough of a boost to stay ahead of Dononvan, and are within 1 point of Spence in 4th place.

Okay, Donovan; having three of your teams not playing can be seen as a contribution as to how your conference did overall, this past week, otherwise, all I can say is, "wow!?" --- after having one of the better weeks in this year's competition; I think you may have had the worst week as to date for a scoring phase, having actually "Lost" a half point to your total points. You have dropped from 2cnd place to last, now sitting 1 point behind Warrriorsfan ... and, well, just "Wow!"

1rst --- Eric = 33.5
2cnd --- Highfly = 27.5
2cnd --- Cane = 27.5
4th --- Spence = 27
5th --- Warriorsfan808 = 26
6th --- Donovan = 25

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:38 am

I will not wallow in self pity because those in who I have put my faith and trust abandoned me in my hour of need.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:44 pm

donovan wrote:I will not wallow in self pity because those in who I have put my faith and trust abandoned me in my hour of need.

I think I will choose to wallow.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:27 am

West Virginia > - o.5, +o.5, +1, -o.5, (NG), +1, +1, = 1.5

I think I may need an instant replay on this arithmetic.

Return to “General Discussion”