Happy Not To See Logan Thomas

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Happy Not To See Logan Thomas

Postby ..fanatic » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:45 pm

For the first time in awhile, I looked forward to watching a Virginia Tech football game yesterday. Why? No Logan Thomas. :D Finally, one of the most frustrating QB's in our history was gone. Michael Brewer looked sharp, poised and most importantly, like a QB should. A lot of young talent on the team. Could be an interesting year.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Eric

Re: Happy Not To See Logan Thomas

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:12 pm

I could feel the relief all the way over here in Michigan 8)

Now just beat those hated Buckeyes and Virginia Tech will become my second favorite team.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:55 pm

I like their odds. The Offensive line didn't look very good yesterday. The Buckeyes are going to take their lumps this year.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:42 pm

My username on here for the last few years was collegefbfan8898. I deleted the email that was associated with this site and couldn't remember my password. So, my ever how many posts are gone.

I feel the same about Thomas also. A matter of fact, I teach at the middle school where the Edmunds boys come from. I was actually scared before the game yesterday. You take what the Hokies have done in the last couple of seasons, and I was uneasy. They won, but I am really concerned about some of their competition this season.

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:26 am

I watched Logan in pre-season. He looked incredible in game 1 but not so much game 2. He's got a legendary qb coach so maybe they can fix him. He made Cardinals 53 man roster.

As for VT they had some help from penalties. I would liked to have seen a cleaner victory but at least there is some offense and as always foster delivers.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:48 am

I'm pretty sure Ohio State's 19 year old QB and 1st year oline can't handle anything Bud Foster will throw at them.

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:08 pm

I just can't see VT going to a stadium like that and winning. I am not saying they won't keep it close. I was shocked when VT played these big games over the last few year but at least kept it close. The Southern Cal game many years ago, the Alabama games the last few years, etc. I know that before Miller was injured, the Buckeyes were seen as a shoe-in for the playoff. But VT's offense is as vanilla as they come, and I can't see this game being any different. I am not sure of the Buckeyes defense. I haven't researched it by any means, but both defenses might rule in this game. If it comes down to surprising plays on offense, Ohio State should have nothing to worry about.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Ohio States defensive line is pretty good. Past that it is a big question mark too. The linebackers weren't great against Navy. The DBs didn't have a chance to show anything so I really don't know about the pass D. Except for the 'shoe, I see no real advantage for Ohio State in this game.

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Well, I will say this: It will come down to coaching. And when it comes down to coaching, especially offensive coaching, no one should be scared of VT's offense. I have been watching college football since 1998. You guys know way more than I do, and no I am not being sarcastic. I am by no means and X's and O's kind of guy. I know a little but not much. We often hear of coaches or offensive coordinators "cooking up" something. We have seen it at Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Stanford, etc. and so on and so forth. These schools can break out the stove, oven, grill, and smoker when it comes to "cooking up" a play. When it comes to VT "cooking up" a play, they barely break out the microwave.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:06 pm

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:My username on here for the last few years was collegefbfan8898. I deleted the email that was associated with this site and couldn't remember my password. So, my ever how many posts are gone.

I feel the same about Thomas also. A matter of fact, I teach at the middle school where the Edmunds boys come from. I was actually scared before the game yesterday. You take what the Hokies have done in the last couple of seasons, and I was uneasy. They won, but I am really concerned about some of their competition this season.

Welcome back!

I think Virginia Tech will struggle offensively this season, as usual. And I agree that they almost always underutilize their talent. The defense alone will win them a lot of games, though it may not look pretty at times. Ohio State has a very talented offense at the skill spots, but Barrett is just very green. This game should be pretty low-scoring.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:29 pm

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:Well, I will say this: It will come down to coaching. And when it comes down to coaching, especially offensive coaching, no one should be scared of VT's offense. I have been watching college football since 1998. You guys know way more than I do, and no I am not being sarcastic. I am by no means and X's and O's kind of guy. I know a little but not much. We often hear of coaches or offensive coordinators "cooking up" something. We have seen it at Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Stanford, etc. and so on and so forth. These schools can break out the stove, oven, grill, and smoker when it comes to "cooking up" a play. When it comes to VT "cooking up" a play, they barely break out the microwave.

I think most people think everything works for other schools, but not theirs. I think that is the universal fan feeling.

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:54 pm

Not saying that it doesn't work for the Hokies, but they barely even try it. I mean when it is 3rd and 8, you are going to try and run it up the middle like you did on first and second down. We see how that worked out for you because now it is 3rd and 8.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:25 pm

I never liked Thomas at QB...the kind of player that can get some things done but no way he delivers on the expectations of a real quality QB.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:08 pm

WoVeU, I feel that that has been the "quality" of a lot of QB's in Blacksburg. I mean throw out Vick, Tyrod Taylor, and Randall, the Hokies have had those QB's that are there but not going to really bring the "stuff". You know, Grant Noel, Sean Glennon, Logan Thomas, etc. I am sure there are others.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:23 pm

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:Not saying that it doesn't work for the Hokies, but they barely even try it. I mean when it is 3rd and 8, you are going to try and run it up the middle like you did on first and second down. We see how that worked out for you because now it is 3rd and 8.

Wait a second ... Are we talking about Virginia Tech, or Miami?

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”