Ark vs Auburn...anyone want to discuss

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:04 pm

I think that it is fairly obvious that the ACC is having a down year. The only conference that seems at the top of its game is the SEC. Arkansas is having a decent season, Alabama isn't as good as they were last year but they could probably get to 9 wins with their schedule, Georgia is pretty good even though they can't score, Tennessee is pretty good, South Carolina is decent, and Auburn, Florida, and LSU I guess is in the title hunt.

At this point, no conference can be rated higher than the SEC. I think this conference is head and shoulders better than the rest of college football.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:09 pm

NC St.'s sudden surge in power is due to their change at Quarterback. Their first two loses were under Quarterback Marcus Stone. Amato gave Daniel Evans the start against B.C., and the kid is "Ice". I'll repeat what I said on another thread that his receivers are more talented than he appears, but at least in his case, he knows which one to throw too, and doesn't get rattled even against high profiles teams.

NC St. has an outside shot at the ACC title game, but I think next year will be the year they break out. Give kid "Ice" a few more games at the reigns.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:40 pm

Auburn is getting it handed to them, the score is still close. But Arkansas defense is stepping up. They "seem" to be in control of the game, at halftime.

:?
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:38 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING HAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHA!!!!!!!!

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:43 pm

I was laughing too....Although I picked Auburn, im happy to admit that I was wrong. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:56 pm

it was soooo worth losing the points :lol:

i just wonder what all the fair weather fans around here are gonna do with all thier t-shirts and hats and hoodies and tags and license plates and trailer hitch covers and window stickers....ya know, all that blue and orange stuff that starts popping up everywhere only when their team is in the top 3?

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:17 pm

I think Auburn must have been looking past the Hogs and Arkansas played a great game. Mostly just ran it down their throat.

A huge surprise for me.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:07 pm

A very nice win for the Hogs.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:09 am

It's hard on you when your team takes it's first loss of the season. I'm still hurting from last weeks loss. I wouldn't wish the pain of disappointment on even my worst enemy.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:34 am

Hey, RailiLlama .... I wonder what's up with your 'quote' function? The syntax looks O.K., but the result is not what it should be.

I'll do a little checking ......

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:53 am

West Virginia, and it's fans have no worries from me. They earned my respect in the years that Va Tech played them, and now that they no longer face each other I feel free to cheer them on.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:29 pm

Ditto from this Mountaineer fan.

The first college game I saw as a kid was the Mountaineers and the Hokies. It was in Blacksburg and I still remember that great big "Gobbler" head on top of the scoreboard ....... that thing would light up and flash and gobble like a turkey. The Hokies were called the Gobblers by some back then, it was a great show .... with the cadets and all.

Dag-gum Senator Allen and Governor Warner screwed up a really good rivalry with their political agendas. :roll:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:34 pm

RaliLlama wrote:I have no problem with VT. Ya'll were not conspiring secretly in the middle of night with the ACC. I don't see what else you guys could have done considering the circumstances. I wish we could have kept on playing in both FB and BB. Since UNC and Duke (the two schools that voted against ACC expansion) can not win the conference championship this year I will be rooting for the Hokies, again.

Yep, those two politicians, and the political parties, didn't want the state divided even though eastern and northern Virginia are much different politically from the southwestern part of the state. They used the threat of vetoing the expansion of the conference by UVA to pressure the ACC to include VaTech. Dag-gum politicians. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”