ATHLETES OR EMPLOYEES

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
warrriorsfan808
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Location: Live In: Honolulu, Hi Born In: New Braunfels, Texas

ATHLETES OR EMPLOYEES

Postby warrriorsfan808 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:07 am

With the NLRB Ruling the NCAA and the Conferences are still calling their players "student athletes" and not employees. Let's look at this another way' don't build 80, 90, or 100,000 seat stadiums, don't charge 100 to 200 dollars per seat to games or $25,000 (cheap I know) for season tickets, the list goes on, but at this rate your athletic program won't. Oh yeah one more thing you need to make this multi-million dollar system work-- players. If you alienate them they may not want to work/play for you, but you never know the NLRB in Washington D.C. may just overrule the Chicago board (quick send more money to Washington) that always fixes a problem!

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: ATHLETES OR EMPLOYEES

Postby donovan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:55 pm

I understand this only applies to private universities. No one is going to let the NRLB make a ruling on college football. This whole process raises more questions than any answers. This is all resolved if Universities presidents get some testicular fortitude.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 pm

donovan wrote:I understand this only applies to private universities. No one is going to let the NRLB make a ruling on college football. This whole process raises more questions than any answers. This is all resolved if Universities presidents get some testicular fortitude.

Agreed.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:48 pm

I think giving them some kind of a stipend is a good idea. You can't tell them "no job", and then penalize them for trying to eat.

More can be found here....http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/jameis-winston-crab-jokes-memes/

They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu May 01, 2014 11:42 am

Now we're talking. Not so concerned about athletes eating, Derek, as I am you and me.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”