Florida State v Auburn

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Re: Florida State v Auburn

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:36 pm

I don't know why Winston's throws are completely off-target and why the receivers can't handle physical coverage, but I think the running game and the blocking looks fine. I don't want to hear how Auburn's defense is something Florida State hasn't seen before as alluded to by Herbstreit; that's just dumb. Auburn's defense is about as good as Miami's or Clemson's. Did we all remember how this unit looked against Missouri last month? I see a nervous team against one with all of the momentum. Whether or not Florida State begins to turn it around offensively is all on Florida State in my opinion.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:39 pm

Noles defense is breathing hard. Can they hold up for 4 quarters?
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 pm

The FSU defense looks like the Buckeye defense against Auburn. Lots of missed arm tackles. They don't seem to be able to stop the power running game even when they load the box. Mason seems like he gets 6 yards every time he touches the ball. It is looking like this is one more game I missed badly on.

Auburn isn't doing anything fancy. They are just playing smash mouth football. I just didn't think it would work against Florida State. I thought Florida State would play man to man on the out side and stack the box. These linebackers aren't Mickey Andrews linebackers.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Well Auburn has missed out on 10 points (dropped TD and missed FG). Flor St is lucky. It easily should be 24-3 and not 14-3. Flor St needs to give their defense a breather and they need points.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Hard to figure it all out, but seems to me, physically Auburn is in better shape than FSU. I am sure that is not the case...but it looks that way. Auburn's play calling appears to be driving FSU nuts.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:47 pm

And this guy won the Heisman (of course this is the first Flor St game I have watched this year).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Fumble and recovery. I think this ball game might be over. :cry:

it's getting WAY out of hand, and apart from some drastic adjustments during the half, I don't see how FSU pulls this one out.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Florida State is simply not prepared and Auburn is kicking the snot out of them on both sides of the ball.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:50 pm

Again FSU is lucky to only be down 21-3.

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:54 pm

donovan wrote:
"Winston may have had too much time the last thirty days doing the rubber chicken dinner circuit, hearing how wonderful he is.
"

BINGO!
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Fake punt worked. Nice call and now they have a little energy.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:02 pm

Too much timeo n the clock here for Auburn. I've got a feeling FSU gets a turnover or something here before the half.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 pm

GoBoilers wrote:
donovan wrote:
"Winston may have had too much time the last thirty days doing the rubber chicken dinner circuit, hearing how wonderful he is.
"

BINGO!

That happened to Troy Smith. He wasn't ready to play ball at all.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 pm

What I think we may be seeing, is an overconfident Florida State team, who heard how they were gonna trounce in this game; who ran into an Auburn team, who is coming in feeling jaded, wanting to make a statement, after hearing how they basically had no chance in this game, and they are only here because of two fluke plays.

Now with things settling a little more, we'll see how things go in the second half.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:13 pm

Auburn's played with a lot of intensity on defense. They've definitely played a good game. But I'm tired of people chalking this up to Florida State not knowing what they're getting into, like they've played AAA baseball this whole time and now they're in the majors. Florida State has seen Auburn's caliber of defense before. Their offensive lack of success is all on them. Penalties, the Winston fumble, field position, dropped passes, not playing physical at WR have all combined for this 10-point output. It's more on Florida State than it is on Auburn. I think things may change in the second half.

Return to “General Discussion”