FSU v Idaho Why Idaho may Win!!!!!!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: FSU v Idaho Why Idaho may Win!!!!!!!

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:34 am

Eric wrote:Honestly, I don't even know why Idaho would show up. :lol:

What would be really fun to see is if Savannah State got to play Florida State this year instead of last year. The over/under after one quarter may be, what, 49? :shock:

I can think of 850 thousand reasons they will show up.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:35 am

I wish we had those CFP bucks. I would put 9 of them on Idaho.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:48 am

Spence wrote:
donovan wrote:
Spence wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

now for the why Florida State will win..........................................................

The only possible way Florida State can win is to score more points than Idaho.

Yes, but in my humble opinion, scoring more points is a great strategy. If I am hiring a coach, I would tend to try and find one who consistently scores more points than his opponents as a criteria.

We've solved it 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Looks as though Idaho has them right where they want `em.
Let fsu take the lead by a few scores, so they get overconfident.
I'm sure the Vandals offense clearly has the advantage.
All 5 of Idaho's O-linemen are have been lost to injury.
florida state could have a good scout outlook on them.

They plan on handling the `noles, the way Georgia Southern is taking care of the gators.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Exactly, you don't want to be showing hour hole card right up front.

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Everybody relax, guys. They've got the ball. 1 minute to go. Time for one of those 75 point drives you don't see in football very often.

Seriously, FSU did everything possible to avoid losing stature playing a team like this. Really made a statement.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:23 pm

I may have miscalculated just a skoosh.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Both teams were victors today. FSU did a credible job under difficult circumstances, Idaho walks away with 850K. And both knew what they were getting into. Mr. Billybud was right a long time ago...this is what happens when schools renege on a commitment.

Give kudos to both teams. Idaho did not give up. To the school administrators, mainly Idaho's....hide your head in shame. These are young men with more character than you show. Give the money to the people that earned it. Makes me mad.

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:41 pm

donovan wrote:Both teams were victors today. FSU did a credible job under difficult circumstances, Idaho walks away with 850K. And both knew what they were getting into. Mr. Billybud was right a long time ago...this is what happens when schools renege on a commitment.

Give kudos to both teams. Idaho did not give up. To the school administrators, mainly Idaho's....hide your head in shame. These are young men with more character than you show. Give the money to the people that earned it. Makes me mad.

Actually for all our joking in here, I'll agree with that. 14 points against FSU: more than double their last two competitors put together. Actually it's the same as the 'Noles gave up to Clemson or Miami. Can't even dismiss it for being against their 3rd string either; Florida State's third string has had plenty of opportunity to prove this season that they can keep the brutal pace going.

That isn't the work of administrators cashing in on the opportunity to get whupped by the #1 or 2 team in the country. That's the players and coaches on the field grinding out what they can in an impossible situation.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Exactly

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:56 pm

I'll say this for Idaho...has another team in the country played three teams who are still undefeated?

Idaho has. FSU, Fresno, Northern Illinois.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:02 pm

It is very difficult for a very good team to stay focused week after week...especially playing an Idaho...The guys did well. And, you'd have to live down here to understand the absolute circus going on. The team got on the field and tuned it out.

When they took out Timmy Jernigan and the rest of the 1st and 2nd string D before the half, the ball game was over...when you beat a team by 66 points, does it matter if they score a TD to match the points that your defense scored?
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:40 pm

I think FSU was as Mr. Billybud has said, left with not many choices to fill in the cancelled game. Idaho gets some money, and exposure, probably at the expense of its players. What FSU has done this year by their dominance, is play a lot of 2nd 3rd and 4th tier players. When the big game comes, they will have a bench load of players with experience and there is no substitute for experienced players that have rested legs. If you can rotate in and out with players that know what they are doing and are fresh, it disrupts the opposition, they never know what to expect and keeps control of the game. Teams like Alabama are so deep, no matter who plays they dominate. FSU is getting in the same position. Save OSU, all the rest play well with their first string and if that doesn't work, they get the loss.

This season to me, epitomizes how conference play has been devalued so much, it is irrelevant. Its all about one game. Pretty pathetic except for two teams.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Ohio State is starting to build that kind of depth again. They haven't quite made it or there wouldn't have been a walk on linebacker starting last week at Illinois.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Who cares about depth.... 23-0 is enough depth!!!! It's starting to get into the category of I can't remember when they lost their last game.

One more win ties the great run that Boise St put up a few years ago.

I really wish we had the playoff this year as I hate to see things settled on a guessing game.

Return to “General Discussion”