West Virginia Brokeback Mountaineeeeeeeeeers!!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

How much is Texas going to win by?

10 points
No votes
One Hundred Billion
20%
Who cares, that's the best topic Title Thus Far
80%

Total votes: 5

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:41 am

My, my, we do ramble on sometimes. :lol:

Yeofoot is a smack talkin' rascal and enjoys keeping things stirred up. It's all in good fun. :wink:

Smokey and the Bandit was a fun movie. I'm glad to hear they blocked off the roads considering the way that TansAm was flying all over the place. Great soundtrack too. 8)

A couple of other Burt Reynolds movies I like that he did early in his career that were set in the south are Gator and White Lightning. Jerry Reed plays a good villain role and Ned Beatty plays a good crooked sheriff role. Good stuff. :D

Now, back on topic ...... the Mountaineers and the Longhorns are two pretty darn good basketball teams with different approaches to the game. Texas is very athletic and likes to create while West Virginia is about running their offense and playing solid defense. Let's hope it's a good game and comes down to the final buzzer. :D

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:30 pm

Yup, it should be a good game, luckily the WVA player's have their sisters and girlfriends in the stands, which means 2 people for most teams, but in WVA, they are one in the same.

At least in Texas we stay away from our sisters. But cousins....that's another story.

Whoever wins tonight needs to upset Dukie.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:32 pm

Now, now, there Yeofoot .... easy on the sexual preferences .... at least we don't learn by piling up rocks behind a bovine. :lol:

Speaking of cousins, I've got more than a few that would make Ellie Mae Clampet look like a homely gal that likes to cook and makes all her own clothes. :shock:

You are right about the Dukies .... if they get past LSU either the Longhorns or the Mountaineers need to knock them off so the rich kids from New Jersey, that couldn't get into Harvard, can get back to studying so they can graduate and go back home and work for daddy. :wink:

Edit:

By the way, Mike Krzyzewski is a hell of a coach. He always builds his teams to the strengths of the players he has and is very good at it.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:51 pm

You know you're a great coach when you're last name is Krzyzewski and everyone pronounces it correctly.

He's is definitely the best coach in the game, he has more endorsements than most NBA players.

Rick Barnes looks like he's gone years without sleep.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:07 pm

You know you're a great coach when you're last name is Krzyzewski and everyone pronounces it correctly.

He's is definitely the best coach in the game, he has more endorsements than most NBA players.

:lol: :lol: you know I never reallt thought about that, but yes that is so true. Also funny. :lol: :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:17 am

Dag-gum-it ..... not exactly what I had in mind as far as which team I wanted to make the buzzer beater. :cry:

Congratulations to the Longhorns and there #1 fan, Yeofoot ...... now go out there and win the whole thing. :D

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:16 am

That was a really good game. We had a halftime lead of 12 points, but wheew doggies, those boys out there can shoot some three pointers. From way behind the line too.

Duke Lost! So Texas actually has a chance to go all the way and win this thing. It's funny, cause no one really cares that much, we just think it'd be neat to be the defending champs in all three major sports.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:34 am

It's a great time to be a Longhorn fan. :D

Has any school ever been National Champions in baseball, football and basketball in concurrent seasons before? 8)

That's amazing in today's environment of college athletics :!: :!: :!:

Return to “General Discussion”