ECU selling bowl tickets...and they are not in a bowl game?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: ECU selling bowl tickets...and they are not in a bowl game?

Postby donovan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:32 am

I thought this was like paying your taxes...you know there is nothing coming back to you, but you pay them anyway...so I bought a bunch of these tickets because maybe there will be a game..maybe this time it will be different.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:51 am

donovan wrote:I thought this was like paying your taxes...you know there is nothing coming back to you, but you pay them anyway...so I bought a bunch of these tickets because maybe there will be a game..maybe this time it will be different.

So, so sad....but true! Tax money is 1 step away from Charmin...and no where near as soft!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:52 am

I divide up the world between "sad money" and "happy money".

Paying for taxes, insurance, needed repairs, etc...comes under sad money. Buying a new big screen comes under happy money.

Yep...my 50 inch Samsung is going to be replaced by a Vizio 65 Led...my 55 will move to the bedroom to replace the 50 that I will give my son.

I have been loyal to Samsung but this 65 knocks me out at the store....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:48 am

billybud wrote:I divide up the world between "sad money" and "happy money".

Paying for taxes, insurance, needed repairs, etc...comes under sad money. Buying a new big screen comes under happy money.

Yep...my 50 inch Samsung is going to be replaced by a Vizio 65 Led...my 55 will move to the bedroom to replace the 50 that I will give my son.

I have been loyal to Samsung but this 65 knocks me out at the store....

When does life get better. 65" Screen, pair of Phonaks, surround sound, good food and drink. Now if only "the one who must be obeyed" will let you have the remote!

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:25 am

Ahhh..do not underestimate my genius Mr. D.

She Who Must Be Obeyed has a low tolerance for complicated remotes...thus the blue tooth, querty pad, widget accessing, multi instrument remote will be mine..all miiiiine.

And, we do watch football together as we have since our first date to a game. She is now saying..."You might as well give Matt the bowl tickets and try the sucker out for the game."

I am headed to Costco today..when Matt gets off work to help load/carry. I might give him the Bowl tickets and one night in the hotel as a gift. Still thinking about that one.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:25 am

billybud wrote:Ahhh..do not underestimate my genius Mr. D.

She Who Must Be Obeyed has a low tolerance for complicated remotes...thus the blue tooth, querty pad, widget accessing, multi instrument remote will be mine..all miiiiine.

And, we do watch football together as we have since our first date to a game. She is now saying..."You might as well give Matt the bowl tickets and try the sucker out for the game."

I am headed to Costco today..when Matt gets off work to help load/carry. I might give him the Bowl tickets and one night in the hotel as a gift. Still thinking about that one.

What a good dad you are!
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:44 pm

I just try to make sure my kids get a good swift kick...........................
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Spence wrote:I just try to make sure my kids get a good swift kick...........................

If you can do that, don't try out for Boise State because they don't sign kickers that hit the target.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:56 pm

You devious bas^!*d! :D

{It is rather sad, I am an EE and hate complicated remotes, cell phones, etc....just irks me in turbo!}
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Spence wrote:I just try to make sure my kids get a good swift kick...........................

Same here! The gift that keeps on giving! :wink:
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:04 pm

What bowl tickets you got?? Gator?? Or Peach??
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Champs

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BYUfan1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:00 pm

donovan wrote:
Dossenator wrote:Here is the story. Just crazy. Who in their right mind would by a ticket to a fake event? I guess ECU fans.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... af-wp11509

Those going to the LSU-Alabama game.

I believe that might have been your best line ever.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BYUfan1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Spence wrote:Where I am from selling tickets to a fake bowl is fraud.

I think rewarding a team that is 6-6 with a bowl game because of their "successful" season is fraud. I don't think ECU is doing anything worse than Marshall wanting their fans to buy tickets to a "real" bowl game to celebrate their 6-6 season (now 7-6).
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:50 am

Yep.

And we shouldn't reward a team with zero wins against a top 30 team with a bowl either.....

Return to “General Discussion”