Sorry

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
silverfox
Coordinator
Coordinator

Sorry

Postby silverfox » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:16 am

Sorry I haven't bee participating or voting but 99% of the time I can't even access the forum even though I can access CFP. I don't know if its because Im in the phillipines and your service provider has blocked ... or what? It has been frustrating and I am not sure why this happens.

peace,
Silverfox
Win or Lose - IT'S HOW YOU HYPE THE OUTCOME! BCS logic: When teams in the AQ conferences lose, it shows how tough those conferences are; when teams in non-AQ conferences lose, it is weakness.

Eric

Re: Sorry

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:21 am

No need to apologize! We hope you get it sorted out.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

silverfox
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby silverfox » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 am

I really don't know what to sort out. I can get into the CFP just fine. But something happens when I try to access the message board. Either by the link from CFP or by using the Browser window and typing direct. And it doesn't matter which browser I use... same access problem. I don't have this problem with other message boards I belong to. But perhaps your server blacklists certain IPs from Asia or the Philippines. I don't know but it could be possible.
Win or Lose - IT'S HOW YOU HYPE THE OUTCOME! BCS logic: When teams in the AQ conferences lose, it shows how tough those conferences are; when teams in non-AQ conferences lose, it is weakness.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:33 am

silverfox wrote:I really don't know what to sort out. I can get into the CFP just fine. But something happens when I try to access the message board. Either by the link from CFP or by using the Browser window and typing direct. And it doesn't matter which browser I use... same access problem. I don't have this problem with other message boards I belong to. But perhaps your server blacklists certain IPs from Asia or the Philippines. I don't know but it could be possible.

It doesn't black list anyone. We have spammers come here from all over asia because I delete them all the time. I don't know what the problem is. I do know Billybud had this problem last year, If he see's this maybe he can remember how we resolved it. I will try and find out for you.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 am

In the spirit of the great conspiracy, my friend, switch your allegiance from Boise to an Eastern school and not only will you have access to every part of internet, you will believe your are foreordained. ....and if it happened to be a SEC school..well...I understand you will have a physical transformation of mind, spirit and body that is only written about in Greek Mythology and CFP. Good to hear from you.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:43 am

donovan wrote:In the spirit of the great conspiracy, my friend, switch your allegiance from Boise to an Eastern school and not only will you have access to every part of internet, you will believe your are foreordained. ....and if it happened to be a SEC school..well...I understand you will have a physical transformation of mind, spirit and body that is only written about in Greek Mythology and CFP. Good to hear from you.

Nah, it happened to Billybud last year. He thought he was banned. I think it had to do with browser update that wasn't compatible with this board. I'm not sure and I'm not a tech guy so I don't know much about how it all works.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:32 pm

SIlverfox, check your internet security settings. Disallowing cookies might cause it. Check everything including allowing 3rd party cookies, allow temporary internet files, turn-off all popup blockers and anything else...basically run as open as you can. Then try the accessing the board. If you can't get in return everything to how you had it. If you can, log off the board. Clear your history then close your browser. Restore one of the items you changed and relaunch your browser and try to log in again. Repeat this until you find out which setting was causing the problem.

If you couldn't get any result from those things I would try a different web browser. I have no problems using the latest Firefox. You can try it or Google Chrome or something besides IE if that is what you are using. Good luck my friend!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:24 pm

I think explorer 9 may be the problem. I don't think this board is compatible.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Spence wrote:I think explorer 9 may be the problem. I don't think this board is compatible.

I find myself aligned with the board, I am not compatible with IE either.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:04 pm

I stay awakes night worrying that I am compatible with this board.

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Woo-hoo, Firefox alliance!

Version 3.6 here. Yeah, other than my anti-virus I don't update hardly anything if I can help it.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:45 pm

donovan wrote:I stay awakes night worrying that I am compatible with this board.

You stay awake nights because you are getting old and your bladder isn't going to empty itself! You are staring at the ceiling in your bedroom before things of great importance like this board sneak into your mind. :D

This 1AM to 4AM tinkle thing, from what I can discern, then seems to stimulate some old metabolic sub-routines into thinking it is time to start the day! I think I am out a total of about 7 hours sleep this week. (I had to put the Gentleman Jack in the refrigerator...in case I have to make a call for a relief hitter. The milk was putting weight on me! Wait a minute, how do you make a White Russian???)
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Oh my gosh..you have been skyping me in the middle of the night....I had to go to the bathroom 5 times last night...problem was I only got up 4.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:05 pm

donovan wrote:I stay awakes night worrying that I am compatible with this board.

You fit in perfectly. We are all square pegs. :lol:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Spence wrote:

You fit in perfectly. We are all square pegs. :lol:

No wonder I can't fit my octagonal brain into this skull of mine . . . we're all block heads. 8)

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”