CFP Bowl Pickem Standings

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CFP Bowl Pickem Standings

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:12 am

RazorHawk wrote:Again, allowing changes after the pool started could be a real mess. Also it would open for someone to change their original picks to the opposite of the leader, to try to make up ground.

The pools I run, I also do not allow for partial entries, for example if the majority of the games were on Saturday, but there were 4 weekday games. I have had people wanting to submit the 4 early games, and then the rest of their entry early on Saturday. This is way too difficult to keep track of. Nothing to do with cheating, but administration.

That was my point too and why we aren't doing it. I don't want to deal with changes, especially over the holidays.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:15 am

I am glad someone even takes this on. Whatever makes it easiest for them and makes if friendly and just good sport I am for. People are dying in the world, they are hungry and some have mothers-in- laws.....worrying about this is number 45,483 on Mr. Billybud's list....and falling. He is my file leader when it comes to these matters. Which brings up that subject, I have a lot of confidence points on FSU and am not getting much reassurance from their in abstentia leader.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:36 am

Spence wrote:
RazorHawk wrote:Again, allowing changes after the pool started could be a real mess. Also it would open for someone to change their original picks to the opposite of the leader, to try to make up ground.

The pools I run, I also do not allow for partial entries, for example if the majority of the games were on Saturday, but there were 4 weekday games. I have had people wanting to submit the 4 early games, and then the rest of their entry early on Saturday. This is way too difficult to keep track of. Nothing to do with cheating, but administration.

That was my point too and why we aren't doing it. I don't want to deal with changes, especially over the holidays.

Then there are the people that can't get their confidence point games correct. They are the scourge of this board! :P :roll: Oh, that was me-high maintenance! Hey, thanks ya'll for what you do on this board.
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:11 pm

..fanatic wrote:My own 2 cents says we should never allow picks to change after the first game of the comptition has begun. If this were an automated contest, there would only be one shut-off time. We shouldn't allow changes just because we use humans to manage it. If anything, it's more of a pain and a nuisance to expect them to do so. I say this with no offense to Cane or anyone else who disagrees - I just think it's too much to ask and could easily become a free-for-all of constant changes.

I too agree with you on this one.
Once the picks have begun,its's to late to altar a change.
It only bragging rights anyway.
So smile and try again.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:16 pm

GoBoilers wrote:
Spence wrote:

Then there are the people that can't get their confidence point games correct. They are the scourge of this board! :P :roll: Oh, that was me-high maintenance! Hey, thanks ya'll for what you do on this board.

You got yours fixed before the games started. So you were OK. :wink:

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Razor-thanks for the updates!

Postby GoBoilers » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:13 pm

It would take me light years to be able to do this!
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:27 pm

Hey...who locked the Bowl Pickem thread?

I don't have my picks up yet...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:35 pm

Open it up and get Mr. Billybud's on the board. We need to see his hand. OK...too many people and kids tonight...Well too many old people...Grandkids are good...its their parents that drive me nuts.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:44 pm

donovan wrote:Open it up and get Mr. Billybud's on the board. We need to see his hand. OK...too many people and kids tonight...Well too many old people...Grandkids are good...its their parents that drive me nuts.

We have our party early. There are only a handful left. Time to clean up and get ready for round two. :cry:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:33 pm

The only real Christmas get together I'll have is tomorrow @ my wife's parents.

All the others were nearly a week ahead of time ... somewhat takes the holiday cheer out of things when you show up, more or less to simply exchanges gifts at a randomly chosen restaurant. :?

Ah-well, tomorrow will be more authentic ... except, no Bowl games to watch.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:52 am

I hope everyone is aware, that I am updating the results of the Bowl Pickem Standings daily, on the first post in this thread.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:11 am

If Billybud's picks did not get posted...then I think we need to post them and give him the points on whatever he said he had down. The fact that senility and misguided direction of thought is creeping upon him with lightening speed is not relevant, he is an honorable guy. That is sufficient.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Senility? LOL Donovan....

Yep, there are some days that I wonder. I actually made a rational decision to not get into the bowl pool. I figured that I would rather not pick against several teams that I like (including the Noles). If I wasn't going to pick to win, I figured.."why play?".
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BYUfan1 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:03 pm

donovan wrote:I am glad someone even takes this on. Whatever makes it easiest for them and makes if friendly and just good sport I am for. People are dying in the world, they are hungry and some have mothers-in- laws.....worrying about this is number 45,483 on Mr. Billybud's list....and falling. He is my file leader when it comes to these matters. Which brings up that subject, I have a lot of confidence points on FSU and am not getting much reassurance from their in abstentia leader.

Bobby Bowden is missing because he is away fishing on a boat and trying to get Peggy to adjust his credit card bill.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Bobby has "people" to sweat that small stuff. Heck, Bobby gets absolutely impeccable service from Indian call centers....the "Peggy's" think that he is Buddha reincarnated with a cracker accent.

You know, he is as sharp as they come for a guy in his 80's...He makes JoPa look sad. The guy still shoots in the 80's on the course and is a dynamaite public speaker. I hope that I can be in that shape at that age.

Return to “General Discussion”