How The Season Plays Out (NO BIAS)...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How The Season Plays Out (NO BIAS)...

Postby Spence » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:40 pm

collegefbfan8898 wrote:OK. Not what you want to happen. WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN. Don't put too much detail into this. Who faces who in the NC game and who wins? And what will their records be? Maybe who that team loses to if they lose at all.

I am going to go against the flow a little.

OHIO STATE (11-1) loss to Wisconsin
OKLAHOMA (12-1) loss to Texas

OHIO STATE BEATS OKLAHOMA IN NAT'L TITLE GAME.

I think Ohio State would be more likely to lose to Miami or Iowa then Wisconsin, but they have had trouble with Wisky in the Tressel era.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:51 pm

I see Alabama losing to Auburn, knocking them out of the NC game, but not the SEC championship.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:53 pm

I not ready say who I think makes it to the championship just yet. I want to see some games first.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:47 am

Boise gets by VT..and they will get one side.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:32 am

shandsgator8 wrote:Whether it's Arkansas, UF, LSU, or Alabama (my rough "picks" to win the SEC), I think the SEC conference champ will only have 1 loss. I see the OP's prediction only working if the SEC champ has 2 or more losses.
That was going to be my post. When a conference has won 4 straight National Championships, I think a 1 loss team would even get in the Championship game, over some unbeaten teams. I also don't think the SEC champion will have two losses.

Alabama vs Ohio St, with Alabama winning would be my guess at this time.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:36 am

billybud wrote:Boise gets by VT..and they will get one side.

I don't think so. I do not think they will go undefeated. Just too difficult, even with a soft schedule, to sustain an undefeated record....I think economically it would be a disaster for the BCS. (with all of the conference juggling...not sure the BCS will survive...there are a lot of alternatives to get a NC and the BCS is only one of them.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:13 am

I don't see Ohio State going this year. Problems in the secondary are going to be problems in at least three games. Ohio State will lose at least one of those if not two.

Grayghost
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Grayghost » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 am

I'll look at this from a conference standpoint.

The Sun Belt, MAC, and C-USA are non-contenders, unless Houston finally pulls it all together and plays some defence and goes undefeated, and even then a long shot.

The ACC just doesn't have a team that can put together an undefeated season.

The Big East could send Pitt, or possibly W. Virginia, but unlikly.

The PAC 10 will have no one in the conversation this year.

That leaves it to the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, WAC, and MWC.

These are the teams that will be in the conversation: Ohio St., Alabama, Florida, Boise St., BYU/TCU winner, Texas and Oklahoma. There are probably some dark horses out there, but nothing is really jumping out at me. Although a friend of mine thinks Miami is a lock for the NC game... :mrgreen:
I dont care who wins as long as Notre Dame loses!

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:56 am

Grayghost wrote:I'll look at this from a conference standpoint.

The Sun Belt, MAC, and C-USA are non-contenders, unless Houston finally pulls it all together and plays some defence and goes undefeated, and even then a long shot.

The ACC just doesn't have a team that can put together an undefeated season.

These are the teams that will be in the conversation: Ohio St., Alabama, Florida, Boise St., BYU/TCU winner, Texas and Oklahoma. There are probably some dark horses out there, but nothing is really jumping out at me. Although a friend of mine thinks Miami is a lock for the NC game... :mrgreen:

There will be a dark horse in the PAC 10. My bets....UCLA and Washington.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:57 pm

I think Bama is a good bet for one spot. The other spot, I think, will be taken by a team not currently in the conversation. Someone who jumps back into the championship conversation after a fairly long absence. :wink:

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Week 4 Bama will be beat by Arkansas in Fayetteville. March it down now. Bama has to replace to many players on defense....especially in the secondary. Hogs will throw all over them. Ark vs Florida for SEC Championship. Winner of that game plays Ohio State for BCS title. Yes I am a homer but a guy can dream. I actually believe the Hogs have a legit shot at putting it all together this year and win the SEC.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Grayghost wrote:I'll look at this from a conference standpoint.

Agreed. And even if Houston does somehow pull it off, that would require at least two losses for everybody in the SEC + Texas, Oklahoma or the Big 10 winner.

The ACC just doesn't have a team that can put together an undefeated season

I still think that both conferences have the problem of being too balanced. The Big East moreso than the ACC, but the principle is the same. They knock each other out of contention in conference play. Its my biggest problem with the BCS actually, that a balanced conference punishes the teams in it....

Pitt could run the table and look strong just to lose to W. Va, who will have an outside chance only to lose to Rutgers. Connecticut meanwhile will have a strong season, but lose to at least Pitt or W. Va... Rutgers and USF will have one of their usual seasons, respectable until they lose 2 or 3 games in a row.

Va Tech probably has the best chance in the ACC, but between Miami, Fla. St, UNC, and that OOC game vs. Boise, I just can't see them taking it all.

Maybe Oregon. Although I could see the teams knocking each other out of contention a la the Big East. USC will have a season long mission of nothing to gain but screwing up everybody else.

I'd add Oregon, Iowa, and maybe Penn St. as a dark horse if they pull something out vs. Alabama.

Ask my gut, I'd say its Alabama vs. Oklahoma... though I haven't exactly rushed out to throw a futures bet on either of the two. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”