The Draft

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

should vince young think about playing another position?

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 6

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:23 am

Great GoogilyMoogily! A linebacker with that speed, wow, no wonder he's getting Urlacher comparisons. I wish somehow the Brown's could get him.

That guy looks like a caveman, but never tell him I said that.

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:46 pm

Well, Yeofoot, I agree with you 100%. Everybody seems to think that Leinart will be an instant help to a terrible team, that he is the most NFL ready. I disagree with that. I think Vince Young will be a Superbowl champion sometime during his career, and the wonderlic test won't have anything to do with that.

Leinart has hit his peak, I don't see him going farther than mediocre in the NFL. I think his career will be comparable to Gus Frerotte's when it's all said and done. Vince might not be a hall of famer, but he'll be an extremely good quarterback with a ring......even if it is with the Cardinals!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:48 pm

I would love it if Vince fell to the Cardinals, love it. I'll bet when Vince gets drafted he'll have a ton of endorsements and he'll definitely be putting people in the seats.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:23 pm

Great GoogilyMoogily! A linebacker with that speed, wow, no wonder he's getting Urlacher comparisons. I wish somehow the Brown's could get him.

That guy looks like a caveman, but never tell him I said that.

Yeah, no one's ever going to call him pretty boy. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:59 pm

I doubt Laura calls him the either. They are engaged now though. She hitched her wagon to a pretty good train.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:38 pm

Rich wrote:no way reggie bush can make it as an every down pure tailback...in my opinion, he has to be cast as a notch back type position. as far as youngs physical tolls are concerned, he has everything except the prototypical release, and the ability to read complicated pass defenses. bernie kosar and kenny stabler already proved you can overcome a wierd release and throwing motion, but i dont know of anyone who overcame the inability to read defenses. this is the nfl people, everyone is fast. he will not be able to run himself to a superbowl. he HAS to pass. aj hawk is a stud, and will have a good chance of winning rookie of the year!

Yes....And I think every one knows that Vince Young is no Micheal Vick. And look at the problems Vick has run into, now that everyone has the atlanta runnning game figured out.

He HAS to pass in the NFL.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:42 pm

Eric wrote:Well, Yeofoot, I agree with you 100%. Everybody seems to think that Leinart will be an instant help to a terrible team, that he is the most NFL ready. I disagree with that. I think Vince Young will be a Superbowl champion sometime during his career, and the wonderlic test won't have anything to do with that.

Leinart has hit his peak, I don't see him going farther than mediocre in the NFL. I think his career will be comparable to Gus Frerotte's when it's all said and done. Vince might not be a hall of famer, but he'll be an extremely good quarterback with a ring......even if it is with the Cardinals!

I agree with this too...Leinart will not make the mark that Carson Palmer has on his team, or Peyton Manning has in his tenure. Then again, he might prove us wrong. :)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”