Congrats to LSU

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Congrats to LSU

Postby Dossenator » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:15 pm

First of all congratulations to LSU. They simply won the game.

The philosophy of the game changed when ARk missed the extra point. Man McFadden and Jones looked good. Why do you not put the game in their hands on the 4th and 3, and at the end of the game.

I know it is a total game that determines the outcome....but where was the call at the end. The LSU defender was all over the receiver at the end. Can you say pass intereference. It was not called two times on Ark....one in the endzone with Monk (almost tackled before the ball arrived) and then at the end of the game. What makes me so angry is if the roles would have been reversed LSu would have got the call...so would have USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc. Clearly pass intereference. I will cool off in a little while. However, I know that Ark put themselves into that situation.

Also, why do you pass four straight plays at the end with over 2 minutes left and LSU could not stop the run all day. The punt return was the deciding factor in the game. What a time to give one up this year. Still the refs should have made the right call at the end and Ark still should have had a new set of downs. Oh well....beat Florida and your in the Sugar Bowl. Looks like LSU is in the BCS now.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:22 pm

It is hard to think of a team more deserving of a BCS bowl than LSU...10 wins on a tough schedule. Rutgers, with their sole loss, will want an invite as well.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Congrats to LSU

Postby RazorHawk » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:36 pm

Dossenator wrote: Oh well....beat Florida and your in the Sugar Bowl. Looks like LSU is in the BCS now.
Not sure how the SEC and BCS will work out. If Florida beats Arkansas, Florida will go to Sugar Bowl and LSU will also be in a BCS bowl. Arkansas would probably go to the Capital One Bowl in Orlando. However, if Arkansas beats Florida in a close game, LSU might not get a BCS bowl, as only 2 teams from a conference can make BCS bowl games.

I think these teams really reinforce the strength of the SEC this year. Oh, that was another thread.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:43 pm

LubbockHasNoTrees wrote:
billybud wrote:It is hard to think of a team more deserving of a BCS bowl than LSU...10 wins on a tough schedule. Rutgers, with their sole loss, will want an invite as well.

I'm sorry... but if LSU gets a BCS bowl... then the system is a joke. There are 5 teams at this point more deserving than LSU... Boise State, Michigan, West Virginia, Rutgers, and Wisconsin all have fewer losses than LSU and are eligible for at-large bids.

Also... do they play defense in the SEC? How many td's can you score in a 1 minute span? Just watch Arkansas-LSU. That's all we hear about is how great the SEC defenses are... didn't see them today.
Wisconsin has to be the worst 10-1 team in the country. If LSU and Wisconsin were to play right now, LSU would probably be favored by at least 7 points. LSU would probably be favored by 14 or more over Boise St, by 10 over Rutgers. The Michigan line would probably be about even or Michigan favored slightly.

Other people have been saying how boring the SEC is with their total defensive struggles. 7-3 14-7 etc.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:44 pm

that was a really good game, even though it didn't turn out like i wanted it to. i do think they deserve a bcs bowl though. why didn't they put the other qb in???

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:47 pm

bama_girl wrote:that was a really good game, even though it didn't turn out like i wanted it to. i do think they deserve a bcs bowl though. why didn't they put the other qb in???
If Arkansas beats Florida, we will get a Sugar Bowl bid, hopefully against Notre Dame. If Florida wins, Florida will go to the Sugar Bowl, and LSU will get an at large BCS bowl game.

No idea why we didn't put the Freshman Mustain in. Casey Dick had a terrible game. McFadden and Jones tried to win the game on their own and darn near did.

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:59 pm

I think LSU has a case for the BCS. If Florida wins, LSU should get a bid. If Arkansas were to win, LSU shouldn't get a bid over Florida.

Wisconsin can't go because the BCS can't have more than 2 teams from the same conference. The Big East should get Louisville and West Virginia (or Rutgers if they were to beat WVU). Notre Dame shouldn't go if they have two losses. Michigan is in.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:07 pm

Your guys may get the rematch after all, Eric.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:12 pm

Well, it depends on what USC does. Florida would have to lose to Arkansas in the SEC title game.

But LSU is probably one of the best 2 loss teams in a long time. If I had to pick, I would put my money on them to make it out of a playoff alive.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:38 pm

RazorHawk wrote:
bama_girl wrote:that was a really good game, even though it didn't turn out like i wanted it to. i do think they deserve a bcs bowl though. why didn't they put the other qb in???
If Arkansas beats Florida, we will get a Sugar Bowl bid, hopefully against Notre Dame. If Florida wins, Florida will go to the Sugar Bowl, and LSU will get an at large BCS bowl game.

No idea why we didn't put the Freshman Mustain in. Casey Dick had a terrible game. McFadden and Jones tried to win the game on their own and darn near did.

LSU WILL NOT get a BCS bid over Florida, if Florida loses to Arkansas.

Florida stomped LSU. And they have a better overall record, and conference record.

Florida and Arkansas should both get BCS bids, since the at-large BCS berth SHOULD go to the loser of the SECCG. The winner getting the Sugar, and the loser getting another, maybe against Boise, Texas, or GT.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:42 pm

Well, not necessarily. I mean LSU beat Arkansas and they'd both have 2 regular season losses.

Depending if Notre Dame finishes 11-1, LSU should get a bid if Florida wins. If Florida loses, the SEC should get Florida and Arkansas in the BCS. That's if Notre Dame loses tomorrow. Boise State might lose too.

AAAAH, it's no bother attempting to think about it. Just let this week play out and then we can talk about it :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:31 pm

And who has Wisconsin played? If you've watched them play a lot this year (they're on ESPN every week), they've played very mediocre. They looked unimpressive vs. Buffalo, Western Illinois, San Diego State, Bowling Green, a mediocre Iowa team, Illinois, and a mediocre Penn State team. They had a stretch of impressive games, but the Big 10 is by far the worse of the Big 6 team-for-team. No question. They also did not play Ohio State.

You can't really hold the losses with equivilency. I does matter who you play and who you beat and lose to. Just because Boise State is undefeated doesn't mean they should be in the BCS title game just because they are. They haven't played anybody outside of Hawaii and Oregon State.

Wisconsin will be a much better team next year. They'll lose their bowl game if they play LSU, Arkansas, or Florida. If they rematch Auburn, they'd win that one though.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:53 am

David wrote:I would like to add that I would gladly take all the help we can get tomorrow from the likes of: Pittsburg, USC, South Florida and Nevada. If all of these teams win we are in for sure.

Let me see...let me get this straight so I can understand....you demean Boise State because of their schedule. You denegrate their success because their opponents were not "worthy." Then you say; "I would gladly take all the help we can get tomorrow from the likes of: ...Nevada."
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:57 am

I really like Nevada's chances today. USC should win today. The other 2 not so much.

But here's who I would like to see retain BCS at-large bids as of this morning(Boise State may lose today):

Boise State: They're undefeated. I'm not necessarily saying that they could win a BCS game, but we have to put them in for the sake of answering some questions. They have defeated Hawaii and Oregon State. Those 2 wins are about as good as West Virginia has this season.

West Virginia/Rutgers/Louisville: If they finish with 1 loss in a BCS conference, they deserve to be there. No, each team hasn't played much anybody, but they have played well. Especially West Virginia. Not many teams can do what West Virginia does vs. weak competition which leads me to believe that they are really, really good. If West Virginia beats Rutgers, then the BCS should take WVU/UL. If Rutgers beats West Virginia, the BCS should take Rutgers/UL.

LSU/Florida: This depends on what happens in the SEC championship game. Because LSU lost to Florida, they should not get a bid over the Gators. Should Arkansas lose, LSU should get in there.

Notre Dame (if they win): They deserve it. 11-1 and they didn't have an easy schedule. It was a mediocre one, but it's not like Arkansas State's SOS. If Boise State gets knocked out of the piciture, they'll probably get in with 2 losses anyway.

silverfox
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby silverfox » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:31 am

How do you think BSU would fair against say Michigan, USC or whichever two teams from the SEC make it to the BCS?

Sigh :roll:

The only way for you to find out is match them up...right?

Personally I would like an LSU/BSU matchup -- not only would that be a much more exciting game than the Championship Game (both teams have the world's best fan base) but I would pick BSU by 3 (Hey, I have seen both programs up and personal)...

Don't underestimate BSU just because they come from a conference you don't appreciate....This team can blay with the best of them and give them a run for their money.... :wink:

If you don't think so then take a look at the team that beat USC --THEN take a look at the team that beat THAT team (before THAT game)... know wad I mean? :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”