Don’t Intend To Be A Wet Blanket…….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Don’t Intend To Be A Wet Blanket…….

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:21 am

………but this is important stuff that needs to be addressed and managed for the good of the game, else I’m concerned the game will be stole and sold. 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... e-sharing/

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Don’t Intend To Be A Wet Blanket…….

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:59 pm

Big Wheels keep on turnin’
Proud Mary keeps on burnin’
Rolin’, rollin’, rollin’ on the river

https://www.si.com/college-football/pit ... ate-equity

8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:43 pm

Long read, but if you’re interested…… there’s a lot going on beyond the public eye.

P.S. Greg Sankey is an anal orifice. Now he disagreeable, after he covertly colluded with Texas and Oklahoma to enhance his league at the expense of another. :roll:

https://sports.yahoo.com/while-sec-and- ... 31473.html

8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:14 am

It is going to happen. The avalanche is halfway down the hill. No one to stop it now.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Mountainman » Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:31 am

Spence wrote:It is going to happen. The avalanche is halfway down the hill. No one to stop it now.

Sure looks that way……. but it’s curious to me that I haven’t seen where the politicians have jumped in as of yet. Who knows where that bunch is at, although there’s multi-billions of public money in athletic facilities and whatever involved in this.

It’s been quite a show of stupid from the time the school presidents ceded their NCAA responsibilities to the incompetent athletic directors who blew up the NCAA while the incompetent NCAA has managed to galactically screw things up to where the conference commissioners are currently in charge and selling, for better or worse, College Athletics to the highest bidder.

I couldn’t help but chuckle the other day when I read where James Franklin up at Penn State said they need a longer runway at the local airport in order to fly to the West Coast, they had to ‘drive all the way to Harrisburg to find one long enough’,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It appears to me as if, going forward, a League of Potential NFL Players is being formed, a Minor League if you will, where players with NFL dimensions and talent will be put to the test…….. why else would they want to kill the Group of 5 :?

How’s that for some ‘Hillbilly Logic’???????? :wink:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:40 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:It is going to happen. The avalanche is halfway down the hill. No one to stop it now.

Sure looks that way……. but it’s curious to me that I haven’t seen where the politicians have jumped in as of yet. Who knows where that bunch is at, although there’s multi-billions of public money in athletic facilities and whatever involved in this.

It’s been quite a show of stupid from the time the school presidents ceded their NCAA responsibilities to the incompetent athletic directors who blew up the NCAA while the incompetent NCAA has managed to galactically screw things up to where the conference commissioners are currently in charge and selling, for better or worse, College Athletics to the highest bidder.

I couldn’t help but chuckle the other day when I read where James Franklin up at Penn State said they need a longer runway at the local airport in order to fly to the West Coast, they had to ‘drive all the way to Harrisburg to find one long enough’,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It appears to me as if, going forward, a League of Potential NFL Players is being formed, a Minor League if you will, where players with NFL dimensions and talent will be put to the test…….. why else would they want to kill the Group of 5 :?

How’s that for some ‘Hillbilly Logic’???????? :wink: .

Rather spot on ...

They're accelerating their efforts, now, because there are too many potential gatecrashers ready to slide into those Power Conferences.

What is being currently propose with Project Rudy, is to take the Revenue sharing and divide the Power 5 conferences into earnings brackets.

TV ratings will determine how much of what conferences bring in, will go to which schools. All while, certain "Traditional" power programs will maintain their Top Tier status, and perpetually reserve the larger shares.

The proposal is designed the way fsu and Clemson are holding the ACC hostage. We want more than those who do not draw as much.

Now, Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State are saying ... Yeah, why are we giving so much to Indiana, Purdue and Illinois.

In esse, they are going to redesignate the amount garnered per program, on a shifting earning potential/

Each conference will by and large have three tiers.

1.) Those who will receive $250+ million per year
2.) Those who will receive $40+ million per year
3.) Those who will receive $25+ million per year

The middle and bottom tiers can move up or down, depending on how much revenue they begin to draw, or lose per cycle.

The Protected Class will never lose their preferential status; continuing to earn the $250+ million.

So, now, with all of the swindling and maneuvering Sankey did; he's desperately attempting to slow the process down,because it would put all of the other conferences a security against the SEC iron curtain that Mickey weaved for them.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Mountainman » Fri Oct 11, 2024 10:13 am

…….. and the position to all this ‘Private Equity’ stuff from the SEC and BIG is.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... eadership/

Return to “General Discussion”