I’ve wondered just what the going rates are……

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

I’ve wondered just what the going rates are……

Postby Mountainman » Mon May 20, 2024 10:58 pm

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: I’ve wondered just what the going rates are……

Postby Mountainman » Wed May 22, 2024 11:02 am

Well, there goes the creditably of the guy who wrote this article about the going rates for NIL dollars….. :shock:

See you in court……. :wink:

https://www.si.com/college-football/jad ... lly-napier

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu May 23, 2024 10:46 am

It seems that you can't lie to recruits about the cash anymore when it isn't hush hash.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri May 24, 2024 5:46 pm

Spence wrote:It seems that you can't lie to recruits about the cash anymore when it isn't hush hash.

Yeah, the days of being locked in for 4 years, less early departure for the pros, is set to the wayside.

No more having to wait your turn in line. No more, taking what they give you when you sign.

Now, they can pull their letter of intent, take a season at a standby, portal to greener grass; And sue the original pledged fealty for defraudment.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun May 26, 2024 11:28 am

And you would be surprised that nothing really changes in recruiting now after a recruit signs. Recruiting keeps going on. I am going through this right now and my daughter plays golf - a non revenue sport.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun May 26, 2024 7:03 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else think Rashada looks a bit like Wanda Sykes homeless Bag Lady sister ..?

Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-26 Jaden Rashada the Bag Lady.png
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon May 27, 2024 12:15 pm

BIG WOW!!!!! So, some, ‘Boosters’ offers $13,850,000 dollars for this guy to come play football, and then the ‘Boosters’ renege on the deal…… and then the guy lawyers-up.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

………. Ya think these lawyers took the case pro bono?????

8) 8) 8)

And btw, if anyone is wondering where the NCAA is in all this….. they’re in the stands watching it happen. :shock:

If you recall, the Courts and State Legislatures have told them ‘it’s none of your darn business what NIL Collectives do.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -dealings/

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon May 27, 2024 1:51 pm

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed May 29, 2024 5:24 pm

Florida Coach speaks out about Rashada lawsuit…… well kinda. 8)

https://sports.yahoo.com/florida-coach- ... 35513.html

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu May 30, 2024 9:19 am

They may as well let the schools pay them directly. They are doing it anyway. The schools are running/covertly running the collectives anyway. No reason to make them all dirty.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu May 30, 2024 4:11 pm

Mountainman wrote:Florida Coach speaks out about Rashada lawsuit…… well kinda. 8)

https://sports.yahoo.com/florida-coach- ... 35513.html.

Okay, wasn't going to say anything directly, however ...

Napier's on the hook for all of this. And he is named personally as an"Offender", along with two boosters and the now defunct gator Collective.

Rashada was set to sign with Miami.

He made a deal with LifeWallet to begin NIL promotional ads with letter of intent + $125,000 signing bonus, that Rashada excepted.

According to Rashada, Napier told him personally --- We will give you $125,000 to pay back the agreed bonus, and give you $125,000 upfront in goodwill. And if you sign with us, we will give you $500,000 as a bonus, along with $13.8 million from the gator Collective.

So, he gets the money to payback to LifeWallet, while getting to keep the $125k LifeWallet gave him + and Additional $125k from the lizard boosters, with the promise of $500k more upon signing, all before NIL $$$$$$$$

I guess it will all come down to what Rashada can actually prove in court.

He wasn't defrauded with $13.85 million, though.

The defraudment claim, is whatever his sum gain would have been had he gone to Miami.

So, if he can prove that LifeWallet was willing to give him 7+ figures, he has a case. Because Napier used a promise of more to not sign with Miami, with a bonus retainer for signing with flurDah!

If there is any sort of paper trail, Napier is cooked.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu May 30, 2024 7:14 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Florida Coach speaks out about Rashada lawsuit…… well kinda. 8)

https://sports.yahoo.com/florida-coach- ... 35513.html.

Okay, wasn't going to say anything directly, however ...

Napier's on the hook for all of this. And he is named personally as an"Offender", along with two boosters and the now defunct gator Collective.

Rashada was set to sign with Miami.

He made a deal with LifeWallet to begin NIL promotional ads with letter of intent + $125,000 signing bonus, that Rashada excepted.

According to Rashada, Napier told him personally --- We will give you $125,000 to pay back the agreed bonus, and give you $125,000 upfront in goodwill. And if you sign with us, we will give you $500,000 as a bonus, along with $13.8 million from the gator Collective.

So, he gets the money to payback to LifeWallet, while getting to keep the $125k LifeWallet gave him + and Additional $125k from the lizard boosters, with the promise of $500k more upon signing, all before NIL $$$$$$$$

I guess it will all come down to what Rashada can actually prove in court.

He wasn't defrauded with $13.85 million, though.

The defraudment claim, is whatever his sum gain would have been had he gone to Miami.

So, if he can prove that LifeWallet was willing to give him 7+ figures, he has a case. Because Napier used a promise of more to not sign with Miami, with a bonus retainer for signing with flurDah!

If there is any sort of paper trail, Napier is cooked.

Kinda makes one wonder where the coaches, compliance officers, athletic directors, Vice Presidents, Presidents and Boards of Governors or Boards of Regents are doing while this kind of kind of stuff is going on……. :roll:

Return to “General Discussion”