UL's Bobby Petrino, v2

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

UL's Bobby Petrino, v2

Postby Swamp Daddy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:40 pm

Been awhile since I felt like logging in much less posting. Too many 'real world events' last year kept me busy though I did briefly read some topics. Petrino's 2nd stint at Louisville is going well, 8-4 last year in our ACC debut, 7-5 this year after losing 9 people to the pros.

Petrino brought in a stellar 2015 class many of whom played lots of minutes this year. Compared to any other Petrino team anywhere the offense has been anemic. Hopefully with all these experienced sophomores + next years people things will improve. The QB position has been the problem. Last year's starter, Will Gardner never got over his injuries and never played this year - he's transferring. Local players Bolin and Bonnafon were used but were inconsistent. Recruits Tyler Ferguson and Tyler Bruggeman were highly touted but once Lamar Jackson was signed they never stayed long. Jackson is amazing but inconsistent so far. Once he learns to get past the first read he'll be better. Played half the time this year and no doubt will start next year all the time barring the return of Johnny Unitas.

Considering the loss of players from 2014 to the pros, the defense for 2015 was only a slight step backwards and improved during the year keeping us in and winning games.

Compared to v1 this Bobby P is a kinder, gentler coach (at least with the media) :lol: . So far he's been unable to run it up on anyone other than FBS teams.

The highlight for me of the first two regular seasons has been the beating of cross-state rival UK(who's fans constantly point out just being in the SEC makes them better than 90% of the schools in the US) for the 4th and 5th straight games. Bowl game last year against Miami enjoyable our win streak vs. them is now 4. Looking forward to the game this year with the Aggies.

Swamp Daddy 8)
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: UL's Bobby Petrino, v2

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:38 pm

Nice to see you back swamp daddy
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: UL's Bobby Petrino, v2

Postby donovan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:52 am

Yes, good to hear from you. Petrino seems to be a good long term fit for you.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”