MAC Naysayers:Look What the Conference Did Sunday

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

MAC Naysayers:Look What the Conference Did Sunday

Postby BYUfan1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:12 am

So many people like to rip the MAC in college football, but did you see or hear what happened in men's soccer. In a Final Four that included Michigan, North Carolina, and Louisville, Akron comes up on top and win its first national championship in any sport. The Zips beat Michigan 2-1 on Friday night and 1-0 against Louisville on Sunday. I guess Zips is not an appropriate nickname any longer. :lol:
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

Eric

Re: MAC Naysayers:Look What the Conference Did Sunday

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Akron soccer is like Gonzaga in basketball or Johns Hopkins in lacrosse.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:33 pm

FSU doesn't play men's soccer, lacrosse...or, I think sometimes, basketball.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:27 pm

billybud wrote:FSU doesn't play men's soccer, lacrosse...or, I think sometimes, basketball.

Ohio State hasn't played basketball since around 1950.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Boise State does have some real man and woman sports, however.

BRONCO ROUND-UP FEATURES COLLEGIATE RODEO AND �MUTTON BUSTIN�

The Boise State Bronco Round-Up collegiate rodeo and �Mutton Bustin�� for children will be held Friday and Saturday, April 13-14, at the Caldwell Night Rodeo Grounds in Caldwell.

The rodeo begins at 7 p.m. Friday and at 1 p.m. Saturday. The top-10 championship go around will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday. The Idaho Press Tribune Mutton Bustin�, a chance for children to try their hands at rodeo, will be at 5 p.m. Friday and at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday. Boise State Bronco Round-Up is sponsored by the university�s Rodeo Club.

About 250 contestants, including Boise State Rodeo Club members and students from other schools in the Rocky Mountain Region of the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association, will compete in the Round-Up. The region includes Idaho, Utah and part of Nevada. Children 3-8 years can register to enter Mutton Bustin� and win a ribbon or a trophy.

Admission is $5 for adults and children ages 12 and over and $3 for children under 12 and Boise State students with I.D. Registration for the Mutton Bustin� is $15; for registration, call 433 8397. For more information on the rodeo, call 426-3389.

Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “Off-Topic”