The state of Public Education

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

The state of Public Education

Postby Derek » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:23 am

They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: The state of Public Education

Postby WoVeU » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Not good! Are you running out of colorful words?

I hate them all. From about 3rd or 4th grade up! They aren't trying to educate, they only care about teaching liberal thought. (Which of course is lack of thought, pass more than 1 iteration, maybe 2.)

I'd like to get locked in a huge warehouse in August with about 15,000 of these public educators. No AC, no food, nothing for a week. Gimme 3 days off and then bring in a new batch. I'll change the world!

I'll spend the first 3 days telling them all of the errors in their ways and how it all boils down to fear. Then I'll spend the next 4 days proving my theory! :wink:
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:31 pm

If the email was telling people to vote Republican...this would be on CNN, MSNBC, HuffNpuff Post, etc etc etc.....and they would all blame Bush.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Derek wrote:If the email was telling people to vote Republican...this would be on CNN, MSNBC, HuffNpuff Post, etc etc etc.....and they would all blame Bush.

They would file an injunction to stop this year's elections. The courts would likely rule in their favor!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Liberals only have one definition of cheating - if a Republican does it. As long as it furthers their cause, they are all in.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:27 am

Exactly!

But what kills me...is they don't see that...not at all...and believe it through and through. They will cite this or that action was okay based on some "principle." Never at all see the concrete action, who and "why" is all there is with them.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:32 am

Today they are making laws in New York and pushing that people who get "food stamps" can't by soda with them. This is liberalism coming full circle. I remember them, when I was still in high school, making the argument that people getting food stamps should get any thing every one else can get. Now that they have created the most obese nation in the world, they feel the need to change. They would never admit to being wrong, though.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:12 am

Let me play the Uber-Liberal, WoVeMe...

"We are simply pushing for legislation that helps people!" "The food subsidy programs are there for people who have unmet needs and study after study has shown we don't need soda, in fact it is very unhealthy for people...especially the children!"

Let I interpret this for you..."Oh, my earth...I am scared to death that I will die one day...waah-waah I am going to die one day...how, how, oh why... and I have to do everything I can to put that off until these brilliant scientists can keep me alive longer. And I need all of you to do like I do so I don't feel any sufferings at all for the choices I make!"

It should be against the law for them to get to wear the label "Liberal"...I want every freedom I can get...they seem to want to take every one I have! This irks me to no end!
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:43 pm

You don't work, you don't eat. I'll leave that to you to guess what book that's from.

- John Madden

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:07 pm

I get angry come every election in California. I have a part-time job through a local community college and my wife is an assistant principal at a local high school. We both choose not to be a part of the teachers union. However, we still have to give the union a due every month because the state says they represent us in negotiating salaries etc (it's not as much as a full member but still ticks me off). What really angers me is that the teachers union pays out millions of dollars for attack adds and support adds for whomever the democrat is running for governor (this year Jerry Brown)....tv adds, radio spots, newspaper, etc. Then they cry that the schools need more money etc....well stop wasting the money you do have and use it to help students and or help teachers. I can think of thousands of better uses for the millions they spend. They spent something like 50 or 60 million dollars to get Arnold out of office during the last election (and they failed...talk about a waste of money)....no telling how much they are spending to get Jerry Brown re-elected.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Derek wrote:You don't work, you don't eat. I'll leave that to you to guess what book that's from.

It sounds like a Good one!
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Dossenator wrote:I get angry come every election in California. I have a part-time job through a local community college and my wife is an assistant principal at a local high school. We both choose not to be a part of the teachers union. However, we still have to give the union a due every month because the state says they represent us in negotiating salaries etc (it's not as much as a full member but still ticks me off). What really angers me is that the teachers union pays out millions of dollars for attack adds and support adds for whomever the democrat is running for governor (this year Jerry Brown)....tv adds, radio spots, newspaper, etc. Then they cry that the schools need more money etc....well stop wasting the money you do have and use it to help students and or help teachers. I can think of thousands of better uses for the millions they spend. They spent something like 50 or 60 million dollars to get Arnold out of office during the last election (and they failed...talk about a waste of money)....no telling how much they are spending to get Jerry Brown re-elected.

That is why I didn't want to join the Union when I worked at the Postal Service. If it has something to do with getting more and doing less...the Union was all for it. From day to day operations up to the big contract and election things. (I thank God I am no longer a part of that!)
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 pm

And people wonder why Companies don't want to hire Americans anymore, and want to move headquarters. There is no better indicator of this fact than the electoral college....the states that are losing votes?? Pro-union states...where are they going?? Right to work states.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:36 am

Derek wrote:And people wonder why Companies don't want to hire Americans anymore, and want to move headquarters. There is no better indicator of this fact than the electoral college....the states that are losing votes?? Pro-union states...where are they going?? Right to work states.

I had people beside of me who did 1/5th of my production...and they made the same money and more. (We had absolute numbers, total pieces of mail processed, errors, rejects everything.) I couldn't sleep at night if I knew somebody at work was doing 10 or 15% more than me! And I started supervising when I was there 9 months. By month 11 or 12 I was pushing more numbers than any other supervisor. All I could ever think about was opportunity lost everywhere. Those people make about $26/hr and they do get paper cuts and some paper dust in your sinuses (some, filters everywhere) and to here some of them tell it, you'd think they were Chinese Railroad workers! Again, like the rest of America, about 35 to 55% (depending on where you draw the line) carry the joint.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”