Spyware Doctor

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Spyware Doctor

Postby WoVeU » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:39 pm

I started to pass along good info Friday. But I saw the ad here and it reminded me.

I don't like to pay for Anti-Virus or other protection for my PC! (I hate it.) And I am the only one in my huose who has never had their PC brought down from Viruses or Trojans. I run AVG's free edition and Malware Bytes Anti-Malware. But I got some Trojan the other day (man I hate USC) and both seemed to catch it, but it was back by Friday and neither would clean my PC. I am too busy to spend an hour or more with manual removal anymore so I bought Spyware Doctor. (I ran a free version for years.) It cleaned my PC in minutes (much faster than the other 2 would scan my PC, like 5 minutes) and found a bunch of other junk I hadn't cleaned up. $30 and I can use it on 3 PC's. I highly recommend it and I am not at all big on spending money on any of these sort of things!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Spyware Doctor

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:30 pm

McAfee would have stopped it....here's my bid-ness card. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 am

Derek wrote:McAfee would have stopped it....here's my bid-ness card. :lol:

For McAfee kind of money I'd have manually removed it! Do you need my bidna card?

(And thanks to Malware Bytes for giving me a portal to the Internet. Saved me from doing the 2 PC dance...God help me! It blocked everything, but I got into Firefox by clicking on the Purchase Malware Bytes to get in!)
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:55 pm

I half-expected this to be a spammer until I saw you were the author of it. Say....You're not on Spyware Doctor's payroll, are you? :D

I run Malwarebytes. It usually works very well for me, although sometimes if something messes around with the registry I have to fix that myself. Spybot Search & Destroy is free I believe and works great with the registry stuff and whatever Malwarebytes may miss. Be sure to update Malwarebytes too occasionally.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:09 am

I use Kaspersky...it has been great. I had McAfee. No problems at all since I've had Kaspersky
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:19 am

I'm not a fan of McAfee, Symantic either, for different reasons.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Spence wrote:I'm not a fan of McAfee, Symantic either, for different reasons.

Would that have something to do with how often McAfee needs this or that, or how often it is noticeably running. And Norton being wrapped into everything like the wife and kids in your wallet?
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:53 pm

I never have these issues..of course I'm running the Enterprise version. Much different than the Home version.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Eric wrote:I half-expected this to be a spammer until I saw you were the author of it. Say....You're not on Spyware Doctor's payroll, are you? :D

I run Malwarebytes. It usually works very well for me, although sometimes if something messes around with the registry I have to fix that myself. Spybot Search & Destroy is free I believe and works great with the registry stuff and whatever Malwarebytes may miss. Be sure to update Malwarebytes too occasionally.

Dang, I do have CRS...that is what I was looking got when I got to the net! I'd have tried that first.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”