Headline News is Ridiculous

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Headline News is Ridiculous

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:30 pm

You guys ever stumble across this channel? It seems like it's always predicting the apocalypse, and it seems it started with Nancy Grace. Now that they have one chick, Jane Velez-Mitchell which is Nancy Grace on steroids. "Prime News" is the same way.

I turned on there a second ago, and you get "Are Children Becoming More Violent? - 12 Year Old Bullying, [etc.]". Every single time I come across this place, it's predicting doom. They always alert you on the one travesty of justice that happened this week. I'm not saying we have to accept miscarriages of justice, but that in a country of 350 million people, it's not going to be perfect. It seems like they take after the film Network, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!" :D Beale said television is an amusement park, that fits the description of this channel :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Headline News is Ridiculous

Postby Derek » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:45 pm

If your talking about CNN Headline News...yes...the whole CNN network is an absolute and complete joke. :evil:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Headline News is Ridiculous

Postby WoVeU » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:29 pm

I won't watch news anymore...far too depressing...and erodes my faith in fellow man...which isn't doing to well anyway.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”