I'll Show You!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

I'll Show You!!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:06 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

My word ...

Did Louisiana Monroe's Head Coach say something bad about Louisiana Lafayette's Head Coach's Mother-in-Law's cooking?

They score a Touchdown, with 5 minutes to go in the half, taking a 42-14 lead, then attempt the onside kick.

They did not recover the kick ... but force a 3 & out, expend all 3 timeouts, to force the issue for another TD.

49-14 at the half; and they were trying to get 56.

I know you've got the better team, and you like rubbing your rival's face in it. But they are openly trying to humiliate these guys.

If they get the opportunity, I'm guessing they shoot for 100.

The current most points scored against the other in this series, was 56 points, in a 56-50 double overtime win by UL-Monroe in 2017.

The largest margin of victory scored between these two, was a 34 point win [41-7] by then, Southwestern Louisiana [Louisiana] over then Northeast Louisiana State [UL-Monroe], back in 1954.

While Louisiana is on a two year winning streak vs the Warhawks ... I think it's safe to assume that will be 3 years running post today's events.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: I'll Show You!!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:29 pm

Meanwhile; over in the MAC ...

Kent State, of all schools, scored 62 & 69 points against their previous 2 opponents.

Buffalo said; Lemme show you how that feels, buddy. And rolled 70 on `em, today, as their RB Jaret Patterson scores 8 TD's on the ground & racks up 409 rushing yards.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:36 pm

Looks like Monroe is approaching with a new strategy ...

They are responding by holding onto the ball, and taking their time between snaps.

Seems to me, they've basically conceded the game, and are just trying to prevent the Cajuns from blowing up the score board.

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:42 am

Well....OSU rolls over Michigan State by 40....it is the year of the beat down.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:06 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

And USC decided to get in on the act ...

Washington State has been pretty decent so far. The Trojans slapped `em around a little bit, and said, "Now, go clean my room."

The varnishing points the Cougars put up at the end of the game was to make it look less one sided. But there was no doubt, from start to finish, USC had control.

The only two teams that look credible from the Pac are USC & Colorado. Both are still undefeated, and if they end the season that way ... Will Not play against each other for the Pac-12 Championship, as they are in the same division and their scheduled game versus one another was cancelled.

So, who would get to play in the Pac-12 title game against the Northern representative?

Apparently, that is up to the College Football Poll Committee to choose.

The tie breaker is the team who ranks higher in the Playoff Committee's poll.

That's right!

A biased third party with monetary motivations who is not affiliated with the Pac-12 Conference, will get to decide who plays for their championship.

I wonder what Sankey would have to say about that.

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:47 pm

Sankey would say..."cool idea"...

For 2020...with cancellations...the SEC hhas made provisions.

"And if the Dec. 19 SEC title game is canceled, the two divisional winners will be declared co-champions and the CFP would determine who made the playoff and who would represent the SEC in the Sugar Bowl."
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”