ready or not

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

ready or not

Postby billybud » Fri May 22, 2020 12:50 pm

“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ready or not

Postby Derek » Sun May 24, 2020 10:27 am

I'm ready for people to get back to normal. This has gone on long enough IMO. :cry:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon May 25, 2020 6:03 am

Derek wrote:I'm ready for people to get back to normal. This has gone on long enough IMO. :cry:

Totally in agreement there ...

New studies have come out, saying that a person is 0.03% likely to contract Covid-19 if exposed.
[which is 1 in 300 people who are exposed/though with the number of actual cases being so low, likelihood of exposure is even less]

0.04% of those people who do contract, will need hospitalization.
[which is 1 in 1200 of those people who get it]

And the number of someone who is likely to lose their life to it, is 0.07 of people who've been hospitalized with severe conditions.

Of the people who have died, many of them are reported to not have tested positive with the Virus, which suggests that many of the deaths that have been attributed to Covid-19, were actually caused by other ailments.
[and in New York, we know that is true, as 1 hospital reported 4000 new patients with it, with only 500 of them testing positive]

There is an incentive to calling these deaths, Covid cases. Hospitals are receiving extra funding if they report new cases. And an additional $3,000 per Coronavirus related death.

The brother-in-law, of one of my wife's Coworkers, went into the hospital with chest pains. He had a history of heart health issues. Two days after he was administered, the family was informed that he passed, due to Covid-19.

I am very skeptical about that.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon May 25, 2020 10:45 am

Yep, it’s time to ease back into it...... we didn’t have much of a Scouting Report on this darn thing, thanks to a tight-lipped China and a politicized/corrupt World Health Organization. :roll: :roll: :roll:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon May 25, 2020 12:05 pm

Mountainman wrote:Yep, it’s time to ease back into it...... we didn’t have much of a Scouting Report on this darn thing, thanks to a tight-lipped China and a politicized/corrupt World Health Organization. :roll: :roll: :roll:
\

BINGO!!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon May 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Mountainman wrote:Yep, it’s time to ease back into it...... we didn’t have much of a Scouting Report on this darn thing, thanks to a tight-lipped China and a politicized/corrupt World Health Organization. :roll: :roll: :roll:

There was evidence that also came out, that China knew about this strands jump from animal to human as far back as 2009.

I'm not buying into how threatening this thing is supposed to be. The CDC said we'd be at 120 million cases by now, and 250 million cases by July.

Xi Jinping, The President of China, has been video recorded without wearing a mask this whole time ... up until yesterday.

Then, there were the Chinese protests against the direction the Government, and thousands of people got arrested. All of a sudden, Xi Jinping goes on TV wearing a mask, and demands everyone does the same.

Absolutely, we didn't have a good scouting report on this thing. And I believe we still don't. It's hard to figure who's telling the truth in all of this. And instead of straightening everything out, Washington DC is playing politics, hoping to use it against Trump, because they don't have a snowflakes chance mid-August in central Florida of winning the White House.

Here, my local Planet Fitness opened yesterday. South Bend is finally getting close to normalcy. Stores have signs posted stating that masks are required to enter. However, because Indiana laws have said that masks are a recommendation, not a requirement, most places aren't enforcing the policy.

I had been taking a mask with me, in the event that I would have been denied service otherwise. I have yet to wear it, and have not been to I need to put it on. I have since stopped carrying it in my pocket, and just leave it in the car.

In all that time, I haven't seen one person with so much as a sniffle.

This past Autumn, there was a huge panic in Northern Indiana & Lower Michigan over Zika Virus. They had started playing high school football games at 4 pm, rather than after sundown, in order to prevent people from contracting it by mosquito bite; which doesn't make any friggin' sense, as mosquitoes bite just as frequently during the day around here.

I did not meet a single person who either had gotten it, or even knew anyone else who'd contracted it.

Remember the West Nile fear ..? How about the Ebola scare .?.

While Bill Gates is running his mouth about injecting everyone with a Vaccine that has a tracking chip in it; because according to him, a bigger & worse virus is "Likely" to be coming, soon.

A pattern seems to have formed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdxfiVyR_jc

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Under mandatory "house arrest" until cleared.

My covid test should come back negative in two-three days and I can resume semi normal life....I had to sign a Notice to Person Under Investigation form that confines me to the house...my wife as well...we were tracked as a contact of someone testing positive...neither of us has any symptoms.

I also have to log in anybody that comes to the house...names, phone numbers...

Really a differnt time in America.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Not on house arrest; however, my wife is quarantined at home from work ...

Not because she has any symptoms. But because she came into contact with someone whom is confirmed to have the flu.

My wife, and two others are waiting that person's test results, before they are cleared to go back to work. [though she is still working from home on her laptop & cell phone]

So, to iterate; the person my wife came into contact with, does not have confirmed case of Covid-19. But because flu symptoms can be similar to coronavirus, that person has to be tested and cleared before my wife [who shows no symptoms] can be cleared. Otherwise, my wife will have to get tested.

Amazing, how more people lose their lives to influenza than coronavirus, and my wife is quarantined until the person with the flu tests negative for Covid, even though my wife is confirmed to have been exposed to the flu.

Meanwhile, New Jersey is still altogether on lock down, by mandate of their governor ... as rioters run the streets with near judicial immunity.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:25 am

My issue is I have allegies and you don't dare cough or sneeze in public anymore.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:59 pm

And though they were foot dragging about those results ...

As expected; my wife's coworker came up negative for Covid, so my wife is cleared of being potentially exposed to it.

Good news, sure. Not news so much, as I suspected this would be the result.

I'll say this, however ... my wife is not showing any sign or symptom of the flu, which she was exposed to. That is a real relief.

Now I can go back to my honestly selfish concerns about how soon the `Canes can get back to full on practice.

We are cleared and confirmed with our tickets to East Lansing. I don't think the Spartans will be that much of a contest. But then again, if our Offense doesn't gel, like last year, who knows.

Dantonio is gone, thus, MSU is going to have to learn a new Offense & Defense.

Miami is going to have one of the premiere D-End attacks in the Country, being 2 deep for rotation coming off both the Right & Left edges, with Greg Rousseau, Quincy Roche, Jaelan Phillips and Redshirt Fr Jahfari Harvey, who the coaching staff is very high on.

Beyond that, they are backed up by, Redshirt freshmen Cameron Williams and Jason Blisset who moved from defensive tackle to end in the off-season, freshmen Chantz Williams, Quentin Williams and Elijah Roberts who could move to DT are part of the future with Harvey.

On passing downs, the likelihood is that Phillips, Roche and Rousseau are all in the game. Phillips and Rousseau both have the potential to move inside and play tackle. Rousseau often did so last season and with his length at 6’6 makes life very difficult for opponents. Watching the Miami Storm Front pass rush in 2020 ought be exciting.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:42 am

Good for you guys, Cane........ this COVID issue has been a beast. :D :D

.........as anticipated and expected, they’ll be a new surge of COVID Cases as the country reopens, but on the good side the reports on the development of a vaccine are encouraging as well as reports that the stage is set for mass production and distribution once it’s available. 8) 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:58 pm

It is good for those people who need the peace of mind, and that will get the shot.

Me personally; I think I'll pass.

I've never had a flu shot. And have only had it once in the last 20 something years, which even then, was about 15 years ago.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:13 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:___________________________________________

It is good for those people who need the peace of mind, and that will get the shot.

Me personally; I think I'll pass.

I've never had a flu shot. And have only had it once in the last 20 something years, which even then, was about 15 years ago.

I’ve thought about whether or not to take the vaccine too and I’ve decided, in my case it would be best if I did.

I asked my GP about it and he told me I would have a very high probability of not dying and would probably just have flu like symptoms at worst, so I feel comfortable about that...... but, after thinking a little more about it, I thought if I were to contact the disease and would happen to be asymptomatic and went walking around spreading the virus to others who maybe are at a higher risk of serious illness or even death, that would cause me to feel awful if that were the case and would have no peace of mind. So I’ve decided to take the vaccine when available. 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:20 pm

I never used to get a flu shot. No particular objections to them other than the needle stick. I have taken one the last few years because my wifes mother has immune system issues and I don't want to give her anything.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:28 pm

off house arrest...we came back negative....yippeee

Return to “General Discussion”