Skipping Bowl Games

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Skipping Bowl Games

Postby Derek » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:53 pm

My apologies if this has been brought up before. But the 15 players who refused to play with Ga got me a little ticked.

My beef:

Players on scholarship that refuse to play in games because they feel it's insignificant.

My desire:

If you are on scholarship, senior or not, you will not/cannot refuse to play in a bowl game. Even if it's the Poulan Weed-Eater bowl.

Side Note:

Stop putting your companies name in the title of the Bowl. The Rose Bowl had it right from the beginning.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Skipping Bowl Games

Postby Mountainman » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:39 pm

........just wait till players walk up to the coach 15 minutes before kickoff and tell him they don’t feel like playing today. :roll:

And as for ‘advertising’....... television has College Football by their balls. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Skipping Bowl Games

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Mountainman wrote:........just wait till players walk up to the coach 15 minutes before kickoff and tell him they don’t feel like playing today. :roll:

And as for ‘advertising’....... television has College Football by their balls. :wink:

They absolutely do.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”