Oh My Goodness........

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Oh My Goodness........

Postby Mountainman » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:13 pm

.........after three games, or thru the first quarter of the regular season, Jalen Hurts has more TOUCHDOWN PASSES (13) than he has INCOMPLETE PASSES (12). :shock:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Oh My Goodness........

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:43 pm

---

Lincoln Riley certainly knows something.

Jalen is definitely feeling comfortable in Norman.

I don't know if he'll be able to keep it up down the stretch ... but he absolutely has the supporting cast around him to make the push.

By the way ... he's got a few rushing TD's too 8)

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:27 pm

Mountainman wrote:.........after three games, or thru the first quarter of the regular season, Jalen Hurts has more TOUCHDOWN PASSES (13) than he has INCOMPLETE PASSES (12). :shock:

He is playing well. I don't think anyone would argue Lincoln Riley's ability as an offensive guru.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:52 am

Jalen had a .73 completion rate his last year at Bama...

His stats at Oklahoma are great....but he has thrown 9 TD passes....not 13.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:13 am

billybud wrote:Jalen had a .73 completion rate his last year at Bama...

Oops!,,,, my bad. Correct, Hurts has tossed 9 touchdowns and ran for 4 touchdowns so far this season, while tossing 12 incompletions.

Good catch, Bud...... so to speak. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 am

Mountainman wrote:

Oops!,,,, my bad. Correct, Hurts has tossed 9 touchdowns and ran for 4 touchdowns so far this season, while tossing 12 incompletions.

It "Hurts" to bring up such a small correction...so to speak. :D
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:48 am

billybud wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

It "Hurts" to bring up such a small correction...so to speak. :D

I suggest you give the New York Times and the Washington Post a call...... both could use a fact checker. 8)

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:31 am

Have to excuse me....

Old habits...

Discerning the facts and issuing a legal decision based on the found facts and points of law was my livlihood for a while.

But in Hurts' case, I knew the stats....I have a running bet with my brother about who (Hurts or Tagolivoa) will have the better season.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 am

Mountainman wrote:
billybud wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

I suggest you give the New York Times and the Washington Post a call...... both could use a fact checker. 8)

I suggest the New York Times and the Washington Post could use a fact-checker and football is the least of their problems.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:10 am

donovan wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
billybud wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

I suggest the New York Times and the Washington Post could use a fact-checker and football is the least of their problems.

It’s that ‘Eastern Influence’......... we all feel the pain. :(

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Don't read those New Yawk rags....Eastern urbanism at it's worst.

If it isn't in Garden and Gun, Deep South,The Bitter Southerner...and the Atlanta Journal Constitution...I probably don't need to see it...

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:56 pm

donovan wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
billybud wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Not even in the top ten.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:16 am

billybud wrote:Don't read those New Yawk rags....Eastern urbanism at it's worst.

If it isn't in Garden and Gun, Deep South, The Bitter Southerner...and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution...I probably don't need to see it...

Garden and Gun? I never heard of such a publication and frankly thought you made it up... But alas..you did not

Never heard of the Bitter Southerner and think that name is a little misleading. It actually looks very interesting and the two articles I read were good.
I did learn something about my bringing up by looking at the General Store of The Bitter Southerner. They have a Tee Shirt for sale with a Tee Shirt that says "Mayo and Tomato." My mother was raised by a Southern woman, African-American who hailed from the deep South. She among other things taught my mother to cook and as much as I can remember I was raised on Southern Cooking. (I was transported to Oregon during WWII due to my father's wartime assignment.) We always had tomato and mayo sandwiches. Still one of my favorite. (I don't like admitting it by I buy Dukes Mayonnaise, still to this day. Walmart is not all bad, it ships my store for store price of $3.50 or so a jar, the same price as Best Foods (Hellman's on the East Coast.)
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:30 am

I am just a southern boy of the old school...raised before the great yankee migrations of the 60's and beyond.

A strange land...amidst all of the angst about past race relations, our food, music, and culture became a melange of African and European as the two societies borrowed from one another.

My cooking is very african influenced as most traditional southern cooking is...and I am a pretty good cook.

Here in the mountains of western North Carolina, the culture is very different....these mountains do not have black folks...the mountain areas were isolated from society and populated by subsistance farmers of Scot-Irish-Cherokee descent. No large cities or major industries to draw black workers after the emancipation...and no pre war plantations.

The Scot-Irish appalachian culture is now being eroded by all of us newcomers, but it still has a strong sway.....especially in our music.

We hang with our musician friends ( I play guitar and sing some myself). And Americana rules...but we have a some fiddle, some banjo, but primarily guitars...we don't sing bluegrass but our songs often have a strong mountain celtic influence...and sometimes southern blues.

I have attached a youtube of a couple of our friends

Rob Tiger and Wyatt Espalin...both song writers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_ZaO1pjDc

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:53 am

Another friend...Scott Stambaugh...much more "bluesy"..also a sonhwriter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIyY9Xye8FY

Return to “General Discussion”